Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Error code help: Heating Not available

abz_cali

abz_cali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, we have had the overhead control unit for raising roof etc replaced as it faults with the pixels. Got the van back from the dealer and found the diesel heating would not switch on. Display says Heating not available. Camper has been in since monday with the dealer trying to fault find. Has anyone had this, if so what was the route cause? Is it the controller or just a coincidence its happened after the change. Were of to Holland in a week and need it back. Van is a 2013 and still just under warranty.

Your dealer could not solve this afther he replaced the unit?
Think he needs pull it out and test it in a other Cali , to make sure it is faulty unit or faulty heater.

If it is not solved and you are heading to Holland , drive to Camper Centrum Netherlands in Amersfoort. They will sure can help you!

Not sure where you are and which dealer, but at a guess from your avatar name - perhaps a drive to Edinburgh?

Were in Aberdeen, so clarke commercials. We have had a number of issues with them, they scratched the windscreen cleaning the van and damaged a panel fixing the overhead light. But to their credit they have always put their hands up and fixed the issues, albeit needed multiple trips.

I am somewhat annoyed they returned the van without testing the functions first.

It might be a coding issue. I have noticed in VCDS that there is an option box that needs to be ticked for the diesel heater. Why it should disappear I don't know but we have some of the screens of the MFD go and the dealer had to recode it back in.

Were in Aberdeen, so clarke commercials. We have had a number of issues with them, they scratched the windscreen cleaning the van and damaged a panel fixing the overhead light. But to their credit they have always put their hands up and fixed the issues, albeit needed multiple trips.

I am somewhat annoyed they returned the van without testing the functions first.
Thanks, will PM at a later moment...

Hi, we have had the overhead control unit for raising roof etc replaced as it faults with the pixels. Got the van back from the dealer and found the diesel heating would not switch on. Display says Heating not available. Camper has been in since monday with the dealer trying to fault find. Has anyone had this, if so what was the route cause? Is it the controller or just a coincidence its happened after the change. Were of to Holland in a week and need it back. Van is a 2013 and still just under warranty.
The heater can be enabled / disabled by the dealer, I think this is done by connecting the vehicle to ia laptop or equivalent bit of kit. Within the software a box needs to be ticked to enable the heater. I had this issue during the handover and after 20 mins in the workshop the vehicle was returned with a working heater. It sounds like the technician working on the vehicle during replacement of the control unit forgot to tick the box. Apparently the box is one of the last in the list and can be missed - excuses excuses.

Back