Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Error and Whats This?

Grumpy Mike

Grumpy Mike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Today I decided to re look at the roof code error, clean the baby ready for MOT and in preparation for Spain in a month or so. Cleaned up upstairs and looking for anything that may be preventing roof closing. (Remember I had my sensors replaced and the error returned and stayed). Cleaned and dusted. Removed thin cotton sheet from matress for washing. Put roof down. No error on screen. Left it a while and turned back on. No little vehicle with roof up on screen but when selecting roof in menu it states Roof Error. Waited and that went. Roof up roof down no code at present??? Seems strange. Sheet not back on yet but I just don't think its that.. Error code not there at present??

Also as I am cleaning the photograph shows a mark on upper inner roof. It seems perfectly symmetrical. Very strange ANY IDEAS? Anyone else had it? Is it a water mark?

Also found that little dished plastic washer with a keyed hole in the centre. I assume it came from up in the roof as I dusted the edges of the roof. Any ideas??

Cant wait to get on that ferry again.....

Many thanks in anticipation.
IMG_5950.jpgIMG_5951.jpgIMG_5950.jpgIMG_5951.jpgIMG_5954.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

Those marks on the roof perfectly fit with how the tent material folds up when the pop top is closed. Did you ever close when wet or moist and then left it closed a few days?

Today I decided to re look at the roof code error, clean the baby ready for MOT and in preparation for Spain in a month or so. Cleaned up upstairs and looking for anything that may be preventing roof closing. (Remember I had my sensors replaced and the error returned and stayed). Cleaned and dusted. Removed thin cotton sheet from matress for washing. Put roof down. No error on screen. Left it a while and turned back on. No little vehicle with roof up on screen but when selecting roof in menu it states Roof Error. Waited and that went. Roof up roof down no code at present??? Seems strange. Sheet not back on yet but I just don't think its that.. Error code not there at present??

Also as I am cleaning the photograph shows a mark on upper inner roof. It seems perfectly symmetrical. Very strange ANY IDEAS? Anyone else had it? Is it a water mark?

Also found that little dished plastic washer with a keyed hole in the centre. I assume it came from up in the roof as I dusted the edges of the roof. Any ideas??

Cant wait to get on that ferry again.....

Many thanks in anticipation.
View attachment 93336View attachment 93337View attachment 93336View attachment 93337View attachment 93338

View attachment 93339
The plastic washer is part of a push in clip that holds the roof lining to the bottom of the upper bed.
Autoglym Interior shampoo will probably get rid of those marks.

Those marks on the roof perfectly fit with how the tent material folds up when the pop top is closed. Did you ever close when wet or moist and then left it closed a few days?
Brilliant. Thanks for that. Never thought of that..

The plastic washer is part of a push in clip that holds the roof lining to the bottom of the upper bed.
Thanks W.G. I will have a look tomorrow and now I know where the marks come from I will clean them tomorrow.. Thanks again.

Back