Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Errrmmm running again

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Bit quiet here so thought I'd post for no real reason...

Only entered one race this year - an 11 mile coastal run (think fell run but by the sea). This is the short route - there is also a 20 and a 32 mile route!! :eek:

Slightly bizarrely (not run more than 9 miles, only raced 10k which is around 6.2 miles) based on previous race times, I've been picked as the favourite to win. What was a fairly relaxed bit of "fun" is now suddenly a lot more serious.

I'm bricking myself!! :oops: :oops:

I used to be a member of a road running club. Only ever got up to doing half marathons or 10k.

That was a few years ago now but I do remember the feeling of your body telling you to stop and it is only your will power that keeps you going. :x

Nice feeling when you finally stop thou. :D

Just discovered swimming or how to do it correctly and find it a lot less harder than running is on the body. The other bonus with swimming is its a great wet weather activity to share with my daughter age11 who also enjoys a swim. Been very handy with the recent weather even when we have been away in the Cali.

Good luck with the training and race. :thumb

John

Cheers John!

Also do triathlons so (open water) swim as well. One day I shall become a fully fledged couch potato!

Well I truly have NO immune system - tonsillitis then sinusitus in the last fortnight just about rounds up nearly a year of almost non stop ailments.

So giving up running for a while. Pretty gutted but needs must.

Will cycle, do more weights and swim more instead then ease back into it after a month or two of no running at all.

Darn.