Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Essentials to buy before our Ocean’s arrival

Two Teckels

Two Teckels

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We’re expecting our new (and first) Cali in September and a few things have dawned upon us about just what exactly comes with the van when it’s “taken out of the box” for the first time, as it were. For example: is a gas bottle provided; is a regulator provided; is an electrical hook-up supplied; is an appropriate hose provided for filling the water tank etc, etc? We assumed that these basic essentials would be located in some nice cubbyholes provided by those considerate people at VW but we’re now beginning to think that this may not be the case. All of the aforementioned items appear to be available through the Club’s store - which makes us think that they are necessary purchases and not provided as standard - so, in addition to our first question about which essentials we may need to invest in, can we also ask whether “the store” is considered to be the best place from which to make these purchases? Oh! And by the way... if there are any other items which you think we should have, please let us know. We’re very new to this ball game so any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Is a gas bottle provided; NO
Is a regulator provided; YES
Is an electrical hook-up supplied; NO
is an appropriate hose provided for filling the water tank; NO

I'd say try it for a weekend or two first and find out what you can't live without. Otherwise you're in danger of ending up with a lot of stuff you never actually use.

Sound advice about not becoming too carried away with pre-purchases which turn out to be a waste of time in the long run. Many thanks.

I had a 1 metre hookup cable supplied with my Beach. Useless for the UK as it had a continental plug, but useful when camping overseas when used in conjunction with an appropriate length cable.

Yes that's true. But after two years, I'm yet to use it.

Back