Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The deed is done - New Ocean ordered!!

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Well it’s taken us a while but we’ve finally gone and done it.

Mark at VW Van Centre West Yorkshire has helped us greatly and sorted us the deal we were looking for.

He is thinking delivery is approx 4-6 months, which suits us fine.

VW Finance contribution of £1000 into the deal, plus 2 free services also.

Our final spec is;

204 DSG Ocean,
Candy White (will put a lower half wrap on later)
Standard wheels
Alcantara Interior
Shower Connection
Adaptive Cruise
LED Headlamps + High Beam Assist
Rear privacy glass
Sports Steering wheel
Composition Radio + App Connect
Premium MFD
Towbar Removable
F+R Parking Sensors+Camera
Interior Light Pack
Awning in Black
Magnetic Flashlight
HD Anti-roll bars
All-weather tyres

Very very chuffed we could get this spec in our budget, especially the Alcantara interior, LEDs and the 204 engine.

Now the ‘essentials’ start - gas bottles, topper, fairy lights, garlands, god knows what else!!!

Roll on the next few months :)

Looks like a good spec, congratulations. Don't buy too many "essentials" they might turn out not to be as essential as you first think. ;)

Roll on the good times ! :cheers

Excellent, that's great news. :cheers

Was the 4-6 months time a rough estimate from the dealer or did he have anything more definitive from the factory?

Be interested to hear what build week you get when you know.

Congratulations @itguy !

We also had a really good experience with Mark at West Yorks VW Vans. We ordered a Cali in mid-September and were told of a likely 6 month build time. It's sounding like you may well get yours sooner than 6 months, so hopefully we get some good news too!

No firm dates given yet or build weeks because we’ve asked Mark to place the order on the penultimate day of the month to try to delay it as much as possible.

We don’t really want it in 3 months time, more like 4 or 5 months will be fine so delaying another week might help if others are placing orders right up to the pricing increase.

If it gets to 6 months and we haven’t got it we’ll be crawling the walls probably!

@CarrieCali - do you have a build week?

I expected a 6 months wait minimum and it's looking to be just over 2.

I expected a 6 months wait minimum and it's looking to be just over 2.
When did you place your order? I'm wondering if the last minute flurry to beat the price rise will increase the lead time a little. I get the impression that the factory has been quiet over the last few months.

Orders being delivered around 8 weeks seems to be quite common recently.

I wonder if they're going to close the factory for a few weeks at Christmas?

Wow - 2 months?! Well i suppose i can hope for a Christmas shutdown for a few weeks!! The absolute earliest i can really collect it is end of jan... surely it can’t arrive before then?!

Wow - 2 months?! Well i suppose i can hope for a Christmas shutdown for a few weeks!! The absolute earliest i can really collect it is end of jan... surely it can’t arrive before then?!

You might be ok......my order went in 26/09 and i was told mid Dec. Confirmed build week was wk46, but last check this was now wk45.

Ok - my understanding is that from the build week date there is then approx 4 weeks to the dealer, then they are allowed up to 3 weeks to deliver the car formally - so even with a build week in this calendar year it would be ok i think.

Mine isn’t even on the system yet, he’s going to put it on next friday or Saturday, so then the clock will be ticking. I’m sure it will all work out fine

Ordered 25th August (Lancashire)
Built second week of October
Collection early Nov

@itguy congratulations! A great spec. You've certainly worked hard on finding just what you wanted.

Well...

After visiting the shop open day on Saturday we saw such a lovely Reflex Silver T6 Ocean that I made the executive decision today to contact the dealer and see if we could change our order to be Silver from Candy White without affecting our price or deal.

(Didn’t catch the username but you’re a land rover guy from Eastbourne with two lovely collies and we talked about your front chrome strip!)

Yes is the answer, I can!

So, we now have a Reflex Silver Cali on order! All I need to do just just pay for the paint cost in full when I collect it, so it doesn’t affect the finance or paperwork too much.

Probably only able to do this as it’s not been given a build week as yet still :) but :(

Back