Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro Plug to UK 3 Pin Extension Lead

S

Stu

Guest User
As you are all aware the 2 Pin onboard 240v supply is not overly accessible.

Whilst wandering through the market in Bedoin recently I spotted a guy selling bare 2 Pin Euro Plugs so I bought one (€1.75) and yesterday in B&Q I picked up a cheapo 2 Gang 3m Ext Lead for about £4.

ExtLeadBefore.jpg

5 minutes and some snipping later we have -

ExtLeadAfter.jpg

I didn't see any point in using more than 1 or 2 Gangs as the overall load on that socket isn't very high and the cable really doesn't need to be very long but it will make the socket more accessible for charging laptops, phones etc.

I'm sure many people have these plugs laying around on 'figure of eight' leads etc so it would be possible to modify one of those.

I'm sure many people have these plugs laying around on 'figure of eight' leads etc so it would be possible to modify one of those.

Yes that is how I made mine up.

Stu

Thanks for the suggestion; looks good to me.

Any ideas where I can buy the continental plug which fits the inverter socket - in the UK? Nothing's coming up on Google!

Phil

I sell them :thumb :thumb look in my shop below

Thanks Kev, have ordered one! Just in time for our continental wandering next week.

Managed to find only one plug that fits that particular socket, on a Belkin mobile phone charger; ones that look as though they should fit, like the ones on my razor and beard-trimmer are too big.

Is this diamond-shape a new type of continental plug, I wonder? The couple of continental two-pin plugs I have from previous trips are rounded and don't fit either.

Hi has anyone had an 150w internal socket fault my has pushed inside, does anyone know how to remove the face plate, I am sure it will have lugs that secure it once it is pushed in place although where to apply pressure is a gamble I don't want to damage it.

Hi Stewart
This happened to me a while ago I have since replaced it with a normal 3 pin socket you are right
There are 2 lugs inside that hold it in place the face of the socket is stuck on with glue it will prize off you then need to push the socket back and re stick. Not as bad as it sounds :thumb

Thanks for the link. A friend had one of these and had never used it - so I liberated it and it works brilliantly -

Phil

Back