Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Excited new Ocean owners to be

K

Kath

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, we have a California Ocean 150 auto on order with an confirmed build week 10. We can't wait and are getting very excited. We have been reading a lot on the forum (very helpful) especially the roof problems and we
did wonder if we were doing the right thing. We decided that we have worked all our lives and now it is time to get out there and enjoy it and why shouldn't we go for the best. We will take out the 5 year warranty and if anything goes wrong after that at least it can be fixed and we will be having a great time.

Scottish Islands here we come.

Oops forgot I am Kath and my oh is Jim, we are of the older generation

Welcome , don't worry about any problems on you coming Cali.
Start making plans on you trips instead!
;)

Welcome Kath (and Jim) we're still on provisional build for week 10, but hope that will be confirmed soon. I'm also Kath and we are both of the 'older generation' - we've funded part of our purchase with a lump sum taken from my pension. Time to enjoy all that we've worked for over the last umpteen decades!

Welcome together!
hotel california said it right: plan your trip, most q's will be answerd here!

Welcome to the build week 10 club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kath and Jim I read the forums a lot before I bought my California and wondered if I had done the right thing. I now wish I had bought one years ago and realise I have bought a vehicle that is so versatile when I go places. I am enjoying every minute of owning it. It may go wrong at some point but it can always be fixed. The only problem I can see is the frustration of waiting for it to arrive.

Many thanks everyone for your warm welcome.

It's a comforting feeling knowing that we have this great forum behind us.

Looking forward to this new stage of our lives.

Kath

Welcome Kath and Jim :welcome

We are also keenly awaiting our Ocean 150, which has a week 9 confirmed build so hoping to get in before the excise duty increase.

We had wondered too about whether we were doing the 'right' thing, given the issues with the roof, expense, etc, but I know we will have regretted it in years to come.

Husband and I are in our 40's and had always planned to get a camper for our retirement. However, because life is short, we've decided to bring the purchase forward and are looking forward to making memories with our children in our 'Billy' ocean over the next few years, before they decide they are too old to come away with us!

Looking forward to seeing you on some of the threads.

Jayne

Welcome Kath and Jim :welcome

We are also keenly awaiting our Ocean 150, which has a week 9 confirmed build so hoping to get in before the excise duty increase.

We had wondered too about whether we were doing the 'right' thing, given the issues with the roof, expense, etc, but I know we will have regretted it in years to come.

Husband and I are in our 40's and had always planned to get a camper for our retirement. However, because life is short, we've decided to bring the purchase forward and are looking forward to making memories with our children in our 'Billy' ocean over the next few years, before they decide they are too old to come away with us!

Looking forward to seeing you on some of the threads.

Jayne

Get out of my dreams , get in to my car (Cali)

Billy Ocean ....realy a good find :bananadance2

Hi Jayne, yes you are so right life is too short. I wish you and your family many happy trips in you new California. Our grandchildren are in their late teens now, but maybe when they see our new California they might want to hang out with us.:)

Hotel California I can't get that song out of my head now.

Kath

Hi all, we have a California Ocean 150 auto on order with an confirmed build week 10. We can't wait and are getting very excited. We have been reading a lot on the forum (very helpful) especially the roof problems and we
did wonder if we were doing the right thing. We decided that we have worked all our lives and now it is time to get out there and enjoy it and why shouldn't we go for the best. We will take out the 5 year warranty and if anything goes wrong after that at least it can be fixed and we will be having a great time.

Scottish Islands here we come.

Oops forgot I am Kath and my oh is Jim, we are of the older generation

Kath and Jim,

Familiar emotions! I picked up a 2104 T5 SE last Wednesday and having fun filling in between the lines of the huge tome that is the manual. Also of the 'older generation' we bought a 1995 Mazda Bongo this time last year and had some fun it that but found it was very much a high maintenance niche vehicle and I decided I'm well past the days of lying on your back, oil on the forearms stuff. Plus we have no Bongo friendly garages round here and the huge VW dealer is just along the coast; thinking about it we should have gone straight for the Cali but caution and nerves got in the way. It feels so much more suitable for our needs and I can see how obvious it is that this camper had been designed and built from scratch in the factory.

First big trip is a visit to wife's relatives in the North West Scotland, Applecross area, not quite the islands but not far off. Was planning this last year but a coolant problem in the Bongo stopped that....incidentally I was very impressed with the service and help I had from the VW dealer at Llandudno Junction, so friendly with no pressure to buy or sell add-ons to you. Really good to know they are a 20 minute train trip away.

Cheers,
Stewart (Bangor, North Wales)

Hi Stewart thanks for your reply,

Yes I know what you mean about doing your own maintenance and under the van thing. Jim's very into fixing things himself (I'm the gofer) It's the sore back I have to keep reminding him of.

I hope you have a great first trip out in your new Cali (Applecross area is amazing) every turning is a wow, make sure you have plenty of film in your camera.

Safe journeys

Kath