Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Excited to be joining you...

M

MattMTB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Close to buying a second hand Cali T5 SE, having hired separately a Cali Ocean and a conversion previously, I am convinced I'm on the right lines... So are my very excited daughters! Slightly nervous of the miles the one I'm looking at now has put in to date, but the service history seems good and I need to go long on miles to get the lower price. I'm sure I'll be looking for much advice and pointers in the coming weeks and months, so many thanks in advance :).

:welcome Welcome and looking forward to seeing some pics. An exciting summer ahead for you and your daughters.

:welcome MattMTB

what mileage has the van done that gives you a concern?

the T5 is generally a very very reliable power unit In most formats.
T5’s are renowned to be good for high miles.

my t5.1 (140), which is not the same engine as the T5, had done 140k by the time I sold it, it ran faultlessly and sold quickly.

Some details of the van your looking at would help others offer you some specific info / advice.

if the van your looking at has been serviced regularly and all major things have be carried out in accordance with the manufacturers maintenance regime, at the specified times (and driven regularly) I would not have an issue with a relatively high milage engine (After checking it over Properly)

on a high mileage van its more likely that suspension, bushes, drive shafts et. etc would need an overhaul.

Manual or DSG?

edit:

some reading

:welcome MattMTB

what mileage has the van done that gives you a concern?

the T5 is generally a very very reliable power unit In most formats.
T5’s are renowned to be good for high miles.

my t5.1 (140), which is not the same engine as the T5, had done 140k by the time I sold it, it ran faultlessly and sold quickly.

Some details of the van your looking at would help others offer you some specific info / advice.

if the van your looking at has been serviced regularly and all major things have be carried out in accordance with the manufacturers maintenance regime, at the specified times (and driven regularly) I would not have an issue with a relatively high milage engine (After checking it over Properly)

on a high mileage van its more likely that suspension, bushes, drive shafts et. etc would need an overhaul.

Manual or DSG?

edit:

some reading
Hi Perfectos, thanks for your thoughtful notes and questions. It is 128k miles, registered 2008. After a closer look it hadn’t been well looked after and quite a lot wasn’t working on the interior of the van so I’ve sadly backed away. I have had to back up and keep looking... Fingers crossed! Your reading links are brilliant, as are these forums! Thanks so much.

Hi Perfectos, thanks for your thoughtful notes and questions. It is 128k miles, registered 2008. After a closer look it hadn’t been well looked after and quite a lot wasn’t working on the interior of the van so I’ve sadly backed away. I have had to back up and keep looking... Fingers crossed! Your reading links are brilliant, as are these forums! Thanks so much.
Hi Matt,
keep looking I’m sure you’ll be rewarded sooner or later