Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Experience with "Drive The Deal"

veg_frenzy

veg_frenzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Anyone bought their Cali via Drive The Deal? If so, would you be happy to share your experience. Thanks.

I very nearly ordered my new California through Drive the Deal as they are giving a very good
discount at the moment. Paid for a quotation and then chatted with my local dealer. He managed
to get very close to DD so I decided to order Locally, all be it their 100 miles from my home. So get the quote and pester your local dealer for a deal!!! good luck with your new purchase.

I was so very amazed with the discount offered at the time (March 13), that I went with them. A no-brainer then, but I think the prices have hardened since. I have no 'local' dealer anyway, and I'd get the SMG lads in Cowfold to service it when it becomes due. So I wasn't going to hawk around dealers I didn't know and were a distance away.

Drive The Deal do give you a sensible dealership not too far away, in my case 1.5 hours drive. They ask you not to divulge the name of the dealership for obvious reasons. They were very efficient, as a broker with a huge main dealer network, and after bunging in my order with my deposit they forwarded on, all contact was with the dealer. So I had no problems at all, they provided a friendly and professional response, and I would certainly use them again. No problem.

What was very interesting when we collected it and went through all the paperwork, was that the salesman said that he was totally amazed that his outlet could manage that price. Almost wept!

However, when I bought my new Audi, I did go to a local dealer and he matched the DtD price (ish!) much to my surprise (think about exchange rates and time of year here). So if you have a dealer close by, give it a go as they will want your servicing business also. I found the DtD discount irresistible at the time, and got a 3 month delivery, way in excess of my expectations.

If you want to chat, give me a PM.

Best wishes,
David.

Hi :hello

As others have mentioned I got a quote from drive the deal, didn't even pay for it just printed a screen shot and my local dealer matched the price :thumb

Interestingly though a friend of mine has tried the same recently with the same dealer and they couldn't get within a couple of K of the price :?: he has now placed an order with drive the deal.

I will let you know any feed back

Cheers

Steve

Hi,

We are looking to have our Cali delivered for early 2015, I was just wondering if anyone else had any more feedback with Drive the deal has been over a dealer as the discount via DTD is over £4,500 what the dealer has quoted?

Thanks

Brian

I was tempted to use drive the deal myself last year,but finished up with a reasonable quote from Hue the salesman at SMG.
After researching this forum I came to thinking that buying from a professional outfit with a good reputation adds up to the difference in cost from a cheaper supplier with peace of mind to boot.

Alan.... :thumb

Re: Experience with "Drive The Deal"

You've got nothing to lose buying through drive the deal, the vehicle is uk spec from a UK dealer and can be delivered to your door if need be.
You can still get it serviced at your preferred dealer.
If I was buying now I'd go to my dealer armed with a DTD price and give them the opportunity to match (or get as close as they can if I really wanted to buy from them).
You don't know if it's a reasonable quote till you've compared with DTD

Ditto Freeley. My quote 18 mos ago was just under £6k less. Which makes the California incredible value against any other source. Main VW dealer. No problem.

SteveW said:

As others have mentioned I got a quote from drive the deal, didn't even pay for it just printed a screen shot and my local dealer matched the price :thumb

What he said :lol:

Got a DTD price, our local dealer matched it, we got in excess of an £8k saving on the list price.

We had already sought prices from several dealers for our spec and challenged them on the prices before we got the DTD price.

Bjohnson said:
SteveW said:

What he said :lol:

Got a DTD price, our local dealer matched it, we got in excess of an £8k saving on the list price.

We had already sought prices from several dealers for our spec and challenged them on the prices before we got the DTD price.

Hi we are dealing with Heritage in Bristol did they match DTD ?