Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How much to pay?

jonesey

jonesey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello all,

I'm new on the forum tonight and start with a very direct and personal question if anyone is willing to answer it!

I'm looking at buying a new Cali soon - probably a 140 SE but not sure yet. I've got no idea what I'm likely to be negotiate with a dealer so would anyone be prepared to tell me what they paid for their Cali? Also, I'd be interested if you've sold one privately what you got for it.

Drive the deal is quoting me around £40k.

Any advice or experience gratefully received - I'm very eager to join the club!

Thanks,
Chris.

Hi Chris welcome. I can't help you with your question only to say we have had a 2012
Black 180 dsg Cali with 11,000 miles for £39'995 come up for sale tonight :thumb

Calikev said:
Hi Chris welcome. I can't help you with your question only to say we have had a 2012
Black 180 dsg Cali with 11,000 miles for £39'995 come up for sale tonight :thumb

And at that price, Im sure it wont hang around long, as thats about £3000 under the cheapest 12 plate 180DSG :thumb

Calikev said:

Yes seriously good value van ! Tempted to buy it myself...... Oh but I already have a Cali !!!

Thanks all for the replies, will let you know how I get on!

Discounts vary and at this time of year activity is high so dealers can be less generous. But if DTD are quoting around £40k then it is potentially possible to match it at a dealers . We did it but again we ordered in October and picked up in mid Jan.
Good luck in your hunt . Loads of good advice on here so don't be afraid to ask.

I wonder whether dealers really have a lot of profit margin - I think the Drive the Deal dealer, whoever he is, will be making his money from the volume bonuses that VW pay. I have bought cars through DtD before and local dealers told me they couldn't get near the DtD price, and that it wouldn't be economic. If a dealer turns away your business they're probably telling the truth! That would make the drive the deal price not far off the probable cost to the dealer of that vehicle I imagine.

I guess time of month comes into it aswell as sales targets.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2