Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended warranty (not all in one)

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi, so I’ve got all service history print outs for my Cali apart from the first service. Today I called the dealers who did the service to try and send me the original .print out . They wouldn’t do it for data protection reasons but did sent me a service history certificate. All good and even better is that my Cali has the extended warranty which runs out in May 2024 which I didn’t even know about. The only problem is that I have just signed up for the all in one package which I’m sure everyone on here knows gives you 2 year’s service, roadside assistance, mots and the extended warranty. I’m over my 14 day cooling off period so can’t just cancel the all in one. The all in one is worth the money just for servicing costs so don’t really want to cancel for that reason. Do you think VW will extend the all in one warranty until May 2026 as the manufacturer warranty runs out May 2024? Also for those who have the Manufacturer extended warranty, does it include any breakdown cover? You would think that the extended warranty would be on VW system and stop you purchasing the all in one package.

It should be in the system as I couldn’t book it for my Audi due to the system telling the dealer that I had a service plan in place. I think you have a good argument to get it refunded

It should be in the system as I couldn’t book it for my Audi due to the system telling the dealer that I had a service plan in place. I think you have a good argument to get it refunded
I don’t want to cancel as I’m sure if I paid for 2 services (from a main dealer) , 2 mots and 2 year roadside the cost would be more than the £888 I paid. I’ll see what VW say but I don’t think I’ll be canceling whatever the outcome.

I had a weird experience when I called VW to complain about a service plan. A day or so after I bought a service plan (two services), the price dropped by 25%. The guy on the phone wasn't helpful and I said "well, I might as well cancel it then".

After another call, somebody offered me £25 to make up for the discount that I didn't get (not very generous).

BUT when I took the van in for the major service some months later, I was told - 'you don't have a service plan'.

Apparently the first guy I spoke to had actually cancelled the whole service plan - before I had even used it. It took a lot of phone calls to get resolved and eventually VW refunded me the whole amount and gave me a minor service.

Not really answering your question, but I hope you don't get in the same mess I did. Be careful if you use the word 'cancel' as it can have unpredictable results.

Back