Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW extended warranty

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi , so I have recently found out that my Cali has the extended 5 year warranty which expires in 2024. I didn’t know about this and signed up for the All in package which I’m sure you all know what this is. Basically I asked the all in one team if they could extend the warranty 1 more year to 2026. They said this is not possible but as the VW site should have told me my vehicle has a live warranty they will give me a full refund even though it’s after the 14 day cooling off period. I think the All in one package is a good deal even without the warranty they include so I don’t think I’ll cancel it but they also do different levels of the All in one which I’ll be looking at tonight. My question is, when my VW extended warranty expires in May 2024 will I get the option to extend again or is this why the All in one exists? Also those with the VW extended warranty , is road side assistance included or is this separate?
Thanks for any replies

You can’t extend the Extended factory warranty, It expires at 5 years or the prescribed mileage. Whichever is sooner.

The all in is not the same as the extended factory warranty.

VW assist is provided with the original 3 year factory warranty only, not the Extended warranty, so you would need to buy this separately After year 3.

Is VW Assist the same as Roadside Assistance? The All-In plan comes with the latter.

You can’t extend the Extended factory warranty, It expires at 5 years or the prescribed mileage. Whichever is sooner.

The all in is not the same as the extended factory warranty.

VW assist is provided with the original 3 year factory warranty only, not the Extended warranty, so you would need to buy this separately After year 3.
Thanks for the detailed answer. I think I’ll keep with the All in I have just bought and at least have 1 year warranty from it (2024 to 2025) and everything else that comes with it. I can’t believe the seller of my Cali didn’t mention the extended warranty to me. I honestly don’t think he knew about it as he was the 2nd owner. He could easily asked another £1000 with the extended warranty and I would have probably paid it too

Is VW Assist the same as Roadside Assistance? The All-In plan comes with the latter.
The AA run the VW assist scheme, I think roadside assist ( AA) is the same as VW assist - if you have occasion to call VW assist you get through to the AA, you are then asked if you want an AA patrol or VW assist - invariably AA. Attend a lot quicker than the VW assist liveried patrol simply because there are more AA vans rather than dedicated VW liveried vans. Having used Both of the services I can’t tell the difference between the service. Some say ask for VW assist not AA patrol, but I think it’s much of a muchness. All are competent and capable of either getting you going again , or arranging transport to the nearest VW garage.

Last edited:
Currently we are looking at the VW All In package. Van is 5 years in May 2024 and we have the two year extension , so up in May.
We also have a two year extension VW Assist, up in May.2024.
As the MOT’s were done early ( for travel reasons) and the All In package and current warranty can’t run contiguous, it means I’ll need to have MOT done in April 2024, then purchase the All In from May 2024.
I’m aware that there is a 30 day ‘no claim period’ for the warranty on the All In package, does anyone know if this covers the Roadside Assist also, as that would mean 30 days with no roadside cover ?
It’s a bit convoluted because of dates and the package not running alongside other warranty !!

Currently we are looking at the VW All In package. Van is 5 years in May 2024 and we have the two year extension , so up in May.
We also have a two year extension VW Assist, up in May.2024.
As the MOT’s were done early ( for travel reasons) and the All In package and current warranty can’t run contiguous, it means I’ll need to have MOT done in April 2024, then purchase the All In from May 2024.
I’m aware that there is a 30 day ‘no claim period’ for the warranty on the All In package, does anyone know if this covers the Roadside Assist also, as that would mean 30 days with no roadside cover ?
It’s a bit convoluted because of dates and the package not running alongside other warranty !!
I understand that the all in doesn’t have a 30 day no claim period as long as there is no gap between it starting and a VW warranty ending.

I understand that the all in doesn’t have a 30 day no claim period as long as there is no gap between it starting and a VW warranty ending.
I had no gap between expiration of 5 yr factory warranty and start of All in , VW still specified a 30day no cover , (specific contract doc) despite cover being continuous. (Vw stated something like “ No continuity “ or something similar ).
VWCV did Not respond to my communications regarding this issue, I gave up in the end as I didn’t need to claim in the “at risk” period.
VW are not good with detail, particularly when in the customers favour.

The All in details on their website seem pretty clear to me :

"If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days ago, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty."

The All in details on their website seem pretty clear to me :

"If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days ago, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty."
Crystal clear Andy, it’s just VW can’t organise a Beer in a brewery!

my cover was concurrent, no lapse (not even 1 day) arranged by the dealer, despite this the paper work was issued by VWCV to show cover was not continuing!

All very interesting, food for thought when I speak to John Clark Commercials, Edinburgh.
Still thinking we’ll go ahead with it from May 2024.

Back