Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra rear seats - VW T6 2019 Beach

CaliJoe

CaliJoe

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi Guys - I'm looking to buy additional 2 rear seats for my VW T6 2019 Beach to increase the seating to 7. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase, new or used?

Also any general comments from anyone who has 7 seats welcome (are the easy to remove and replace etc).

Thanks.

I have the 2 seater beach and can't comment on different seating plans - but you'll find loads of people selling their spare seats in the forums For Sale and Wanted section

We have the spare seats, they are very heavy. I have a small trolley I lift them onto to wheel them to the storage cupboard.

I'd say it takes about 30 mins each for installing and removing. Although the first time will take a lot longer (it helps if you read the manual- remove the headrests and swivel so they are facing the rear)

We have the spare seats, they are very heavy. I have a small trolley I lift them onto to wheel them to the storage cupboard.

I'd say it takes about 30 mins each for installing and removing. Although the first time will take a lot longer (it helps if you read the manual- remove the headrests and swivel so they are facing the rear)
Do you really mean 30 seconds or even 3 minutes? Definitely not more than 5 minutes even first time

Do you really mean 30 seconds or even 3 minutes? Definitely not more than 5 minutes even first time
For me I am including putting them in and out of the storage cupboard, hoovering out the rails after lifting the trims off and then putting the seats back into the position.

If you can store them next to the van and you don't get sand in your tracks then I agree it can be a lot quicker

Hi Guys - I'm looking to buy additional 2 rear seats for my VW T6 2019 Beach to increase the seating to 7. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase, new or used?

Also any general comments from anyone who has 7 seats welcome (are the easy to remove and replace etc).

Thanks.
Finding seats, eBay, this forum etc.
Fitting / removal, very straight fordward.
The seats are v heavy, but two people can carry easily ( or one strong person )
The seats are a fantastic addition allowing upto 6 passengers.
Fitting takes about fives minutes each, removal similar. Requires a short floor rail section ( front behind drivers / passengers seat) to be temporarily removed to allow the seat to clip into the sliding rail.
My “ spare” seats mostly live in the TV room in the house, but are invaluable when needed, turns the 5 seat van into a true MPV.
The additional two seats can be used whilst camping, but do limit the available space whilst in the van.
Many people sell them so availability is relatively good.
Edit : new seats would be a very costly IMO

Thanks.
They come up for sale regularly on this forum. Your problem might be finding some that match with your vehicle's fabric.

If you are really lucky, you might get some with the pop up child seats.

1597827555129.png

Thanks all. I'll have a look for some used ones.

When looking for used seats, will I need T6 ones only, and specifically for the California, or are all transporter seats transferable between caravelle/california i.e. anyone with a roller?

They come up for sale regularly on this forum. Your problem might be finding some that match with your vehicle's fabric.

View attachment 64694
yeah - I was thinking I'd just get the cover for the independent seat, which is what I currently have on my other seats atm

Thanks all. I'll have a look for some used ones.

When looking for used seats, will I need T6 ones only, and specifically for the California, or are all transporter seats transferable between caravelle/california i.e. anyone with a roller?
Caravelle Seats will fit, the three seater bench Beach has the same floor rails as a Caravelle.
Other Transporter seats will not fit as they have different fixings ( not fixed into the sliding rails)
Cali / Caravelle T5 are the same as T6 seats, only difference is trim colour, as Amarillo says there was an option for integrated child seats, which pop up from the seat.

Caravelle Seats will fit, the three seater bench Beach has the same floor rails as a Caravelle.
Other Transporter seats will not fit as they have different fixings ( not fixed into the sliding rails)
Cali / Caravelle T5 are the same as T6 seats, only difference is trim colour, as Amarillo says there was an option for integrated child seats, which pop up from the seat.
FWIW; In different markets the UK VW Caravelle is called a Multivan. Same (potential) 7 seat lay out and same floor rails. The Beach seats seem the same/identical ? I've also owned a VW Multivan and would remove the two rear captains chairs until needed. Which was usually a few times a year when the in-laws visited us. The Captains chair did fit in our California, but we never needed it.
BTW; In New Zealand the VW Caravelle is a LWB 9 seater used by shuttle companies or hotels for transfers of guests. Probably the VW Shuttle in the UK?

My parents had a VW Sharan (7 seater) with those seats a few years ago. It was invaluable when my kids and my nephews were younger - they could have five child seats in the car one minute, then fold them away as needed. The headrests for small children are a bit more fiddly, but the boosters are brilliant.

Back