Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Facelift/pre-facelift interior differences

M

mandracchio

I'm thinking to buy a used T5 Cali and was wondering if there is any difference (let alone the wood colour) in 'living' interior and features between the facelift and pre-facelift (pre-2010) models. Are they almost identical inside (dimensions, cupboard, fridge, cooker, heater, roof-top, etc.)?
Thanks and greetings from Italy!
Mauro

We own a pre-face lift, and as far as I can tell there are only trim differences in the living area. All dimensions and operations appear to be identical. Early roof design may be different, as VW added rigid support props for the sides of the canvas at some stage during the pre-facelift life, to help the lowering of the roof; and some examples have a two window roof and others three.

I can't comment on the extras that you get in the Italian market but the only camping extras that I am aware of that don't come for standard on the UK version are tinted glass, an awning and a safe - and higher spec upholstery if you want it. And again, the extras didn't change from pre to post facelift.

This Youtube video is a good review of a pre-facelift model:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkVYxb8r-sU

I love that video...We watched it almost daily when we where waiting for our Cali. I do wince though when he puts the bench down into bed mode.

There have been subtle changes each year. For example the dash got some silver trim and rubber mats in the storage trays on the dash. At facelist the read parcel self changed from chipboard to a metal frame. This years model does not have catches on the picnic table to use on the counter like the interior table. These all take a bit of spotting. The basic design has remained the same.

Yes, it's a great video.

The catches have come and gone a bit - our '08 model has them, but I think sometimes the factory simply forgets to fix them on. At least one 2012 model I've seen was missing them.

Wasn't sure about the parcel shelf, so thanks for that.

Back