Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fallen in Love

3LABS

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We have just taken home our new addition to the family ..... our T6.1 California Ocean. Still calling it “the campervan” at the moment! We love it already. We have been avidly reading all of your valuable advice as it is our first time and it has all been fantastic advice. Promised our 3 Labradors (yes 3 :)) we would take them on lots of holidays and can’t wait.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new camper van it’s a real special day when you get to take it home for the first time.
Looking forward to seeing The photos your new van and your 3 dogs in said van

:welcome Wow, that’s ambitious with 3 labs! I managed find with 2 Tollers, but when I went to 4, the Ocean didn’t work for me. And Tollers are 2/3 the size of Labs. All the same, I hope it works for you and look forward to meeting up sometime in the future at a Club meet.

We have just taken home our new addition to the family ..... our T6.1 California Ocean. Still calling it “the campervan” at the moment! We love it already. We have been avidly reading all of your valuable advice as it is our first time and it has all been fantastic advice. Promised our 3 Labradors (yes 3 :)) we would take them on lots of holidays and can’t wait.
Congrats on the new camper.

Did you use Hawco Vans? Spotted an Indium Grey 4 Motion there last week I think when we were there on one of our many spying trips trying to spot our new Cali.:)

Congrats! A new holiday dimension begins.....

Did you use Hawco Vans? Spotted an Indium Grey 4 Motion there last week I think when we were there on one of our many spying trips trying to spot our new Cali.:)
Yep! That was ours :)

:welcome Wow, that’s ambitious with 3 labs! I managed find with 2 Tollers, but when I went to 4, the Ocean didn’t work for me. And Tollers are 2/3 the size of Labs. All the same, I hope it works for you and look forward to meeting up sometime in the future at a Club meet.
Yes, it is but we will make it work. The young one (18 months) is a small sized lab but the other two (nearly 11) are quite big. The older 2 have been promised a holiday for many years ;)

Yes, it is but we will make it work. The young one (18 months) is a small sized lab but the other two (nearly 11) are quite big. The older 2 have been promised a holiday for many years ;)
The hardest part is safe travel for all dogs. I use crates, which then involved an awning to put them in... so erecting and striking camp were a faff. So that became the second hardest part... hence my decision to change my camper.

Congratulations - would love to see some picks with your Labs - I have a near 12 year old lab but probably not coming on our new adventures as shes my daughters shadow!

Welcome and happy hols with your dogs. We have 1 lab and he loves the van. Recommend seat covers, black waterproof and a ‘d ring anchor’ on the foot rail ( let’s you attach leads when door open snd you’re doing stuff) We also eventually went down the drive away awning road (Vango Palm) big enough to sit in of an evening or dry wet clothes or dog !
EFD02C54-A3B9-4749-998F-6730D261F6DA.jpeg

Thank you for the tips. So far, spent all day trying to fit the seat cover we purchased! Dog haven’t even been in it yet

:welcome Your Labradors will love Cali life

Here it is after a whole weekend fitting the seat covers before letting the dogs in for their first experience. (Will never see it this tidy again! )

View attachment 69418

View attachment 69419
Lovely trio

Here it is after a whole weekend fitting the seat covers before letting the dogs in for their first experience. (Will never see it this tidy again! )

View attachment 69418

View attachment 69419
Might be worth considering the rubber Matt floor covers. They are a great fit and easy to wash down..We got ours from club shop and fits rear floor and boot floor

Lovely trio

Might be worth considering the rubber Matt floor covers. They are a great fit and easy to wash down..We got ours from club shop and fits rear floor and boot floor
Could you point me in the direction of the boot floor one? I can’t see it in the shop...

Could you point me in the direction of the boot floor one? I can’t see it in the shop...
If you read further down the ‘description section’ of the Rubber mat for rear habitation area you’ll see that the set ‘Includes’ the section for the boot area .. if purchasing make sure you choose the one for the ‘3 rails’ (assuming that’s what you have in your Ocean)

If you read further down the ‘description section’ of the Rubber mat for rear habitation area you’ll see that the set ‘Includes’ the section for the boot area .. if purchasing make sure you choose the one for the ‘3 rails’ (assuming that’s what you have in your Ocean)
Set Of Rubber Mats for the VW California Ocean in Black

Hi Stuart,
Still awaiting my Coast with vinyl floor but if nobody offers up their pictures I found this when I was deciding on youtube - it shows the floor at 18.50
VW Multivan T6.1 California REVIEW Beach vs Coast vs Ocean comparison - Autogefühl

Also found this on youtube which is even better for seeing it
New Volkswagen California 6.1 Ocean Liberty 2020 in-depth Review

Lovely trio

Thanks. It was first on our list after the seat covers. Great fit and we are happy with it. :)

Yep! That was ours :)
If you happen to have noticed a 2007 SE for sale at Seafield Motors, I bought it and took delivery last week. And so an adventure begins, but without labradors...