Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

False Alarm

P

phil keegan

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
We have a T6.1 MY 22 Coast + haven’t posted for a while as have found the answer to most questions using the search function.

Today’s bike ride was however interrupted by a ‘we connect’ message saying the van alarm had been triggered (internal movement).

The roof was down, the blinds closed + no obvious insects etc.

My specific question is where are the movement sensors on a T6.1 so I can try and minimise slightly untidy ‘camping stuff’ from potentially moving and setting them off?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I don’t know the answer to your question, but the only times we’ve had this occur has been on a ferry (understandable as at the time we didn’t know how to disable the anti tow alarm), and last week we’d left a fan heater going when walking to a toilet block (and I know it’s a bad idea to this from a fire viewpoint, and it was a mistake, won’t happen again). The fan heater was causing warming air flows which obviously set of the internal motion sensor. Apart from that, no problems.

Thanks. I was parked in a forest campsite + there was a temperature shift from about 4*C overnight to around 20*C (and strong sunlight). I don’t know how the movement detectors work or where they are but with the blinds down I don’t think dappled sunlight would have been the cause (unless the detectors are outside of the blinds). I guess in terms of warm air currents this has never been a problem with the diesel heater when using the remote to defrost the van. I’m hoping someone could let me know where the movement detectors on a T6.1 are (+ how they work) so I might be able to reduce the chance of this happening again.

Hi, I can't help with the location of the sensors, but we had the same thing a couple of months ago. After 10 months or so of no issues at all, the alarm went off with the van sitting on our driveway at home and I got the email. Unfortunately we were on holiday on the other side of the world at the time with no mobile signal... my phone managed to get the email then nothing!

I eventually found some wifi after a couple of nerve-racking hours and checked the security camera - couldn't see any obvious cause - assume there was a spider wandering around. It's been fine since.

D6E090FB-B584-4677-ACD1-726DE4A3E32A.jpegI thought they were usually up near the lights and switches above the rear view mirror. Usually behind little grills.

Thanks. We have a T6.1 so have a mainly touchscreen control panel.

Thanks. We have a T6.1 so have a mainly touchscreen control panel.

The sensors are in the same place in a T6.1. Behind those vents. You can see them if you look closely.

I believe if you double press the lock on the key fob it will turn off the internal sensors. Worth checking the manual for the exact method of operation.

I believe if you double press the lock on the key fob it will turn off the internal sensors. Worth checking the manual for the exact method of operation.
I’m not sure if double locking works. If you use the key in the passenger door to lock the doors then the sensors are not activated. That’s what I do when I leave the dog.

If you are I the vehicle at night then the lock near the window controls should be used.

There is a switch on the drivers b pillar to disable the motion sensor (and it will disable deadlock at the same time)

I’m not sure if double locking works. If you use the key in the passenger door to lock the doors then the sensors are not activated. That’s what I do when I leave the dog.

If you are I the vehicle at night then the lock near the window controls should be used.

Two quick pushes on the lock button does deactivate the sensors. You can check by seeing the red light next to the window switches doesn’t flash.

Two quick pushes on the lock button does deactivate the sensors. You can check by seeing the red light next to the window switches doesn’t flash.

I'm still unconvinced about the double-press working. Our van went in for a service a few months ago and had the software updated to fix the problem with the GPS locking up and the head unit going beserk.

Since then we've the alarm go off several times when the van was left with the roof up. I've done the double-press each time with the key and although the red light goes off for a while, it starts flashing again after about 30 seconds. I've also tried disabling it using the setting in the software but the same result.

I'm still unconvinced about the double-press working. Our van went in for a service a few months ago and had the software updated to fix the problem with the GPS locking up and the head unit going beserk.

Since then we've the alarm go off several times when the van was left with the roof up. I've done the double-press each time with the key and although the red light goes off for a while, it starts flashing again after about 30 seconds. I've also tried disabling it using the setting in the software but the same result.

When I do a double press the red flashing light goes off and stays off…..

On my T6.1 you have to disable the internal sensors using the main head unit display, it's hidden in a menu system somewhere, I've added it as one of the customisable favorite's on the front screen for easy access when locking up with the roof up.