Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarm going off

A

aileron346

VIP Member
Hi everyone. Would appreciate any advice on our alarm. We're in a situation where it's quite safe to leave the van with the roof up for periods of time.

We've been locking the driver door with the key...assuming that this doesn't set the internal sensors. It seems to have worked in the past.

Anyway we keep coming back to the hazards on and done really tolerant neighbours after the alarm keeps going off. I'm not sure if e have a fault or just a bit of confusion about the alarm setting options. Do any of you have any suggestions please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is best to turn interior sensor off if leaving roof up. You need to use the switch on pillar drivers side before locking. Hope this helps.

Close some blinds. I have found that on sunny days the alarm can go off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks...will try these. I'd always thought that locking with the key in the lock left the internal alarm off but will try using the pillar switch also. Will also try the blinds.

If you press the remote control lock button twice, it locks the van but doesn't deadlock or set the alarm.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What year vehicle?
2014 onwards in order to disable the interior alarm you:
1. Press remote x 2
2. Turn key x 2 in Drivers Door
3. Press Door Pillar switch after opening front drivers door. It should be Yellow to disable interior alarm.

With the roof open you have roof vents open. Air currents set off the alarm.

Thanks ...it's a 2011... I thought it was a single turn of the key in the drivers door to lock the van and disable the interior alarm.

So did I, once upon a time.
No idea if the 2011 model is the same. Handbook?
On mine 2 turns of the key or 2 presses of the remote and you get a different sound as the doors lock and then the Deadlock comes off. Try it !

Used the door pillar switch to avoid any further alarm mishaps but now want to do some checking at home. Locking and arming with someone inside, couldn't get the alarm to go off even when she waved her arms about. Wondering if there's a delay in the internal alarm setting itself after locking?

I leave the interior alarm off almost as a matter of course using the pillar switch.

When parked up at home in this weather I tend to leave the roof raised, otherwise I or someone else is sleeping in it.