Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fault code 06145

S

SteveWR

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I've been having some strange problems with the infotainment system in my T6 recently so did a Carista scan and got fault code 06145 - display and control head 1 for information electronics: mechanical malfunction. Did a search both on Internet and the forum but couldn't find anything.

The problems I had were that the navigation froze ( via Apple Carplay from my iPhone) and the touch screen and side buttons wouldn't work any more. Also the radio wouldn't play any more. It has gone silent after connecting my iPhone and starting the Flitsmester app. This happened a few times and I couldn't force it to restart either via the ignition or pulling the fuse.
It is only intermittent but with a holiday coming up I don't want to be stuck with a non working radio.

Anybody got any ideas just in case it happens again?

I've attached a screenshot of the Carista readout.

IMG_7274.png

I've been having some strange problems with the infotainment system in my T6 recently so did a Carista scan and got fault code 06145 - display and control head 1 for information electronics: mechanical malfunction. Did a search both on Internet and the forum but couldn't find anything.

The problems I had were that the navigation froze ( via Apple Carplay from my iPhone) and the touch screen and side buttons wouldn't work any more. Also the radio wouldn't play any more. It has gone silent after connecting my iPhone and starting the Flitsmester app. This happened a few times and I couldn't force it to restart either via the ignition or pulling the fuse.
It is only intermittent but with a holiday coming up I don't want to be stuck with a non working radio.

Anybody got any ideas just in case it happens again?

I've attached a screenshot of the Carista readout.

View attachment 124363
A few questions
1. Are you able to reset/restart with the power/volume button (long press > 5 seconds or so)?
2. Which dongle are you using for apple car play?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I only discovered the long press yesterday so did a reset. I'll be using my navigation again tomorrow so we'll see what happens.
I connect directly via a cable, no dongle.

I only discovered the long press yesterday so did a reset. I'll be using my navigation again tomorrow so we'll see what happens.
I connect directly via a cable, no dongle.
Do try with another cable as well to identify the root cause.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back