Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

faulty interior light

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Just spent a night away in the cali (on my brother in law's drive!) and discovered that the interior light on the centre roof console isn't working whilst the rocker switch is set to the central position (so it comes on when the doors are opened.)
It works when i switch it to permenantly on but other than that nothing apart from a quick flash about 30 seconds after shutting a door.
Does anybody have any idea what the cause might be? Switch, sensor or whatever?

Cheers chaps.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

if this is happening with each 3 door it is not the door sensor. There must be some electronic circuit which makes the light dimmed sometime after the door is closed, I would think the circuit might be faulty.

Ah ok. Was hoping it might have been something simple that i might even have been able to sort myself.
Only had service done recently so will wait for a bit i think.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Might actually be a faulty light unit. Have had a panel van where the connection in the light unit only worked on permanently on and nothing else. The microswitches for the doors are in the locks so no pin switches or anything on yours. Worth taking the unit out and having a look, could be the switch in the unit is loose and lost contact which could explain the flicker.

cheers

Ok Alex will have a look at the weekend if i get chance, cheers.

Back