Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problems disabling the interior motion sensor with the switch on the B-pillar

WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hello, I am trying to disable the interior motion sensor on my 2017 T6 Ocean so I can either leave a dog in the back while we park up for a short period, or so I can lock it at night when we're in it (presuming that's a good idea). There is a button on the B-pillar (actually it's more like a rocker switch) with the motion sensor logo and the word "OFF" on it, but it never lights up or seems to work when I press it or follow the process in the instructions. So, I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a precise set of steps that need to be followed (and if so, what are they?), and/or should I be pressing the rocker switch up or down? Am I doing something wrong, or is it faulty? Our other VAG car (Skoda Octavia) just has a button that lights up if you press it, which goes out when you lock it (showing that the interior sensor is deactivated). Any suggestions/experience appreciated. Thanks

Hello, I am trying to disable the interior motion sensor on my 2017 T6 Ocean so I can either leave a dog in the back while we park up for a short period, or so I can lock it at night when we're in it (presuming that's a good idea). There is a button on the B-pillar (actually it's more like a rocker switch) with the motion sensor logo and the word "OFF" on it, but it never lights up or seems to work when I press it or follow the process in the instructions. So, I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a precise set of steps that need to be followed (and if so, what are they?), and/or should I be pressing the rocker switch up or down? Am I doing something wrong, or is it faulty? Our other VAG car (Skoda Octavia) just has a button that lights up if you press it, which goes out when you lock it (showing that the interior sensor is deactivated). Any suggestions/experience appreciated. Thanks
If it’s the same as the T5.1 the switch toggles between an orange colour and red (Red = disabled).
The process was …. get out of van, shut doors apart from drivers, push B pillar switch, shut door and lock with remote.

Try shutting all doors. Lock with remote, unlock with remote and ONLY open the Drivers door to press the switch down. Shut door and lock.

Test out by sitting in vehicle and wait 10 minutes, then move.

At night you should only use the button by the mirror controls on the Drivers door.

Try shutting all doors. Lock with remote, unlock with remote and ONLY open the Drivers door to press the switch down. Shut door and lock.

Test out by sitting in vehicle and wait 10 minutes, then move.

Above works but you only get one go. If you forget something, and then open the door again…you will need to repeat the procedure.

Another way is to purchase a Carista dongle, then you can easily disable the alarm for as long as you need. Comes in very handy for ferry crossings.

If it’s the same as the T5.1 the switch toggles between an orange colour and red (Red = disabled).
Ehhh… in our van red = alarm is on (default), orange (after pressing buttons twice) = alarm is off, and only if operated with the driver’s door is last door open…

Ehhh… in our van red = alarm is on (default), orange (after pressing buttons twice) = alarm is off, and only if operated with the driver’s door is last door open…
If the same as my T5.1 I found the double press of the key fob is easiest. You can watch the lock on sliding door go fully down with one press on lock button, the second press makes it pop back up a little bit, this then disables the motion sense on my one. I tested by sitting in it and waving after a couple of minutes.

Yes that is what i do just press lock button remote twice

So the same as I said? Red = disabled (off)

If the same as my T5.1 I found the double press of the key fob is easiest. You can watch the lock on sliding door go fully down with one press on lock button, the second press makes it pop back up a little bit, this then disables the motion sense on my one. I tested by sitting in it and waving after a couple of minutes.
The difference between using the button on the B pillar and 2 pressing of the remote is that the 2 press also disables the deadlocks.
Using the button on the B pillar leaves the deadlocks operated.

The difference between using the button on the B pillar and 2 pressing of the remote is that the 2 press also disables the deadlocks.
Using the button on the B pillar leaves the deadlocks operated.
I tested that and on my 2014 T5.1 the dead lock are disabled by the b pillar button too so seems exactly the same as the double press. My b pillar button also latches forever, where others say they have to press it every time to keep it on. So must be variation between years I guess.

I tested that and on my 2014 T5.1 the dead lock are disabled by the b pillar button too so seems exactly the same as the double press. My b pillar button also latches forever, where others say they have to press it every time to keep it on. So must be variation between years I guess.
It does seem that there are variations on how the “B” buttons function, like yours mine latched, so once set to off stayed off.

Same on our red Beach :)
No, with us red = alarm is on.
I’ve lost the plot, I was wrong, Red = Alarm on!

Back