Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Feedback about my TSI 150

korben

korben

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone,

It seems that there is a big interest about this subject, I just saw this thread but I think it's better to create a new one (@California7 : I heard you ;)).

So I have a T6 California Ocean TSI 150 since almost two years and I'll try to give you a good feedback about it (but I must say I have not good knowledges for all that engine stuff, I'm more a geek :D) .

Fuel consumption:
  • Empty, extra-urban, smooth flow: 7.8 L/100
  • Empty, Highway, smooth flow: 10 L/100
  • Empty, urban, smooth flow: 11.4 L/100
  • Heavily loaded, 75% highway - 25% extra-urban, smooth flow: 11-12 L/100 (depending on driving style)
  • Empty, urban, peak period: 15.9 L/100

Driving confort:

I don't really know what can I say but "yeah it's very pleasant to drive" :Grin. We've made two road-trip so far (>10'000km in Norway and >6000km in Italy) and yes, I can drive it during long hours on mountain roads or highways and it's always a pleasure and I find it very comfortable. In specific situations like heavily loaded on uphill on highway, maybe I would like more power but nothing critical (and It's more a ps issue than benzine or gasoil, I guess ?). Regarding the torque, I've never found it limiting even heavily loaded but I don't tow, so maybe I'm not the best guy to talk about that...

That's what I can say, I hope it will be useful for some people ;)

Thanks, Korben. It is very interesting to hear about your experience. There is not much on the petrol versions. We have a 204 DSG TSI on order and would be quite satisfied if we come near your fuel consumption. With 204 ps we expect to use more petrol naturally. We choose 204 to get the DSG, which is important to us.

Thanks for charing this , i was close to changing from my 2012 SE (diesel) to a T6 Coast pertol version but the extra money needed could just not justify it as my current Cali is more than good enough alltough i was thinking petrol ...Maybe in time if petrol stays availeble on the Cali.

Back