Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Few little upgrades

AW-Cali

AW-Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I posted some time ago about my 2016 Cali Beach purchase, I had some worked planned for it and now Albus has had the upgrades always intended... :D . No doubt not to everyone's tastes and many will ask why, yet in my view - essential to make it my own :).

Bilsteins (max height) & Spacers
Some Chrome/stainless (Boot lip, lower front bumper & upper front grill, wing mirror stripe to help distinguish coloured mirror caps)
Some Painted Parts (VW Rear Spoiler, Colour coded wing mirror caps - why not standard?)
VW DRL's
VW Mudflaps
Lower Front Splitter

I know not all VW standard, yet I feel a decent improvement without screaming aftermarket mods.

Just need to get out and camp now!

20200303_165645780_iOS (2)_LI.jpg

20200303_165710384_iOS (2)_LI.jpg

That looks really cool . That's called MIYO! Make It Your Own

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice.
What splitter do you have?

Looks good. Are your DRL's OEM or aftermarket?

Much appreciated,
Mark.

OEM, local sprayers picked up original VW Mudflaps, DRL's & Rear Spoiler. So could not comment on where best to obtain those.

They look good when on, dim when lights are on. The fit is straight forward and plug and play, all besides drilling a hole for the parking sensor (premarked). Only had the sprayers fit as they were working on everything else.

So what are you planning on camping on? Tarmac? Sorry, for me that is form over over function.

Nice job...
How you finding the Bilsteins...?

So what are you planning on camping on? Tarmac? Sorry, for me that is form over over function.

“Many will ask why?”

Yet I’m happier with my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job...
How you finding the Bilsteins...?

Some initial hiccups, banging on rear. See my separate thread on some initial hiccups with fitting, all sorted now.

Van is more composed, you do seem to naturally travel faster as the big van feel is partially removed. So I’ve had to actively acknowledge it and try and reduce my speed to return to the nice ‘cruising in a Cali’ pace that I was beginning to quite enjoy before. .

It’s firmer, and corners more comfortably. I have been comparing it to my fathers T5 LWB high-line van, I would say you hear the bumps and knocks of the road in the same way (they are vans!) yet do not feel them in the same way on the bilsteins.

Need to get some longer distances under my belt to truly review, will be this month.

AW-Cali, I’m interested to hear your updates.
I’ve been sitting on the fence with these.
I run out of warranty this year, so might look at changing a few things.

I posted some time ago about my 2016 Cali Beach purchase, I had some worked planned for it and now Albus has had the upgrades always intended... :D . No doubt not to everyone's tastes and many will ask why, yet in my view - essential to make it my own :).

Bilsteins (max height) & Spacers
Some Chrome/stainless (Boot lip, lower front bumper & upper front grill, wing mirror stripe to help distinguish coloured mirror caps)
Some Painted Parts (VW Rear Spoiler, Colour coded wing mirror caps - why not standard?)
VW DRL's
VW Mudflaps
Lower Front Splitter

I know not all VW standard, yet I feel a decent improvement without screaming aftermarket mods.

Just need to get out and camp now!

View attachment 55999

View attachment 56000
What do your insurance company have to say?

What do your insurance company have to say?

£12.43 a year extra for modifications.

Items are not recognised as reimbursable, I.e if it gets stolen they will not cover the money spent on the mods.

This was as expected, I spoke with them prior to any amends, they were quite clear and easy to deal with. Admiral multi car.

Ten days later, things are changing so fast...ouch, that sounds harsh. Just sayin...me, I have steel 16s because offroad they soak up the rocks better.