Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

new blackberry cali

Jmarsh1976

Jmarsh1976

VIP Member
hi all,

just thought i'd take a minute to introduce our new cali likely to be called boris, we are new to the world of California's but not to vans after having a converted t5 previously. picked it up yesterday and really pleased with it! this will be the holidays for me, my wife Sim, Finn who is 3 and a half and Robyn who is 20months.

wasn't sure about blackberry at first but its growing on me!
spec is
180dsg
Privacy Glass-non vw tints (why is the vw glass just not dark enough?)
Multi-Function Steering Wheel
Bluetooth Premium
DAB+
‘Tour’ Pack
Safe Box
Tyre Pressure Warning Light
Parking Sensors Front & rear
Climatronic Air Con
MEDIA-IN

i've also lowered it, put sportline wheels and front spoiler on. fitted side bars and had some graphics put on. not to everyone's taste i'm sure!
also had the B pillar wrapped in vinyl which i really like.

anyway here are some pics

4_zpsb1072c8d.jpg

3_zps88d8dd44.jpg

1_zpsbe99451f.jpg

5_zps8f44d530.jpg

2_zpsdf1ad481.jpg

Congratulations.......looks superb!

Hi , I really love how yours looks!! Where did you get the B pillar wrapped, my silver Cali could use that for sure after I've had the limo tint done on all the windows recently.

cozmo1589 said:
Hi , I really love how yours looks!! Where did you get the B pillar wrapped, my silver Cali could use that for sure after I've had the limo tint done on all the windows recently.

Hey Cosmo,

Got the graphics and wrapping done at signs express in Preston but any van sign writing company should be able to do it. Or you can buy the kits on eBay and do it yourself if you are feeling brave!

Cheers for the comments!

Jmarsh1976 said:
cozmo1589 said:

Hey Cosmo,

Got the graphics and wrapping done at signs express in Preston but any van sign writing company should be able to do it. Or you can buy the kits on eBay and do it yourself if you are feeling brave!

Cheers for the comments!

Many thanks, I'll look into it, it's been bugging me since I got the darker windows ;-)

That is one beautiful looking Cali. Love that colour, I just took the first I could get, and that was white, but I love my Cali all the same! Yours is a beaut! :thumb

dod4luce said:
That is one beautiful looking Cali. Love that colour, I just took the first I could get, and that was white, but I love my Cali all the same! Yours is a beaut! :thumb

Thanks,

Funily enough I wanted a white one but this was the right spec and price! Kind of glad now though it's really grown on me!

Agreed it looks fantastic I am very jealous :laugh2

Looks great

After some black sport line's for my Cali too

:goodone

Jmarsh1976 said:
cozmo1589 said:

Hey Cosmo,

Cheers for the comments!

So after seeing yours and after your advice I set about getting the black B Pillar decals to blend the dark glass in with each other, they look great even if I do say so myself. Took me 20mins per side - simples !!
See before and after pics below:-

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404330253.537028.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404330264.865883.jpg

cozmo1589 said:
Jmarsh1976 said:
cozmo1589 said:

Hey Cosmo,

Cheers for the comments!

So after seeing yours and after your advice I set about getting the black decals to blend the dark glass in with each other, they look great even if I do say so myself. Took me 20mins per side - simples !!
See before and after pics below:-

Looks awesome mate, makes such a difference in a lighter coloured van!

Cali looks fantastic.

I have a blackberry beach on order (due end Aug) from Preston VW and seeing the sportline wheels, bars and front spoiler has me thinking about spending more money!!!
I saw you were based around Preston and wondered if you got yours from VW Preston and if so did they fit the front spoiler and bars for you??

Cheers

pscrompton said:
Cali looks fantastic.

I have a blackberry beach on order (due end Aug) from Preston VW and seeing the sportline wheels, bars and front spoiler has me thinking about spending more money!!!
I saw you were based around Preston and wondered if you got yours from VW Preston and if so did they fit the front spoiler and bars for you??

Cheers

Thanks!

I live in the north east but got the van from vw Preston. They fitted the spoiler/wheels and side bar and I organised the window tinting. The only thing I sorted was the decals.

Bet you can't wait!

Jmarsh1976 said:
pscrompton said:
Cali looks fantastic.

Cheers

Thanks!

I live in the north east but got the van from vw Preston. They fitted the spoiler/wheels and side bar and I organised the window tinting. The only thing I sorted was the decals.

Bet you can't wait!

Thanks - Yes counting down the days.

Just dropped dealer a line to find out prices for front spoiler, bars and wheels - hopefully not be too prohibitive!!

jydu3aze.jpg

Had first trip away in the van! Without the kids to get used to the buttons and loved it! Certainly much easier to live with than the conversion we had. The amount of storage must be double and the sliding seat is really handy. I do miss the tv and sound system but really used them anyway.

Sweet looking Cali that... :D

We got are Blackberry Beach back in Jan won't be so stand out now it's becoming a very popular colour...

Do love the b piler wrapped hadn't seen a Blackberry with sportlines untill now and i love it... :thumb

Where do we get the pilar wrapped??

bournemouthbeach said:
Sweet looking Cali that... :D

We got are Blackberry Beach back in Jan won't be so stand out now it's becoming a very popular colour...

Do love the b piler wrapped hadn't seen a Blackberry with sportlines untill now and i love it... :thumb

Where do we get the pilar wrapped??

I bought a pre cut sticker set off of eBay for £30 ish , end result is great however a little tricky to fit ;-)

f0d0016159e16ecbe0af22274ed77890.jpg

Thanks Cozmo, It did say sign express but saw that after my post... Doh :D

Shaun

Hi Cozmo, love the black pillars, just purchased a Reflex silver Cali, can you just tell me how you did the black pillars please, would like to have a go myself.
Thanks

hi all,

just thought i'd take a minute to introduce our new cali likely to be called boris, we are new to the world of California's but not to vans after having a converted t5 previously. picked it up yesterday and really pleased with it! this will be the holidays for me, my wife Sim, Finn who is 3 and a half and Robyn who is 20months.

wasn't sure about blackberry at first but its growing on me!
spec is
180dsg
Privacy Glass-non vw tints (why is the vw glass just not dark enough?)
Multi-Function Steering Wheel
Bluetooth Premium
DAB+
‘Tour’ Pack
Safe Box
Tyre Pressure Warning Light
Parking Sensors Front & rear
Climatronic Air Con
MEDIA-IN

i've also lowered it, put sportline wheels and front spoiler on. fitted side bars and had some graphics put on. not to everyone's taste i'm sure!
also had the B pillar wrapped in vinyl which i really like.

anyway here are some pics

View attachment 4742

View attachment 4743

View attachment 4744

View attachment 4745

View attachment 4746

Evening

Is that a Matt finish on the B pillar? also what do you polish with??

Shaun

Back