Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma HELP needed!

Jez

Jez

Just Starting,again!
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Everyone,

I've a 2007 Cali and everything was going so well until last week, thought I'd buy a nice black Fiamma F45S 260. I called a company in Northern Ireland (I'm in Ireland) as they had advertised a great price for one and I magically got the VAT off! 4 days later a white one arrived from Warwickshire. Made a phonecall someone got the codes wrong new courier took it away and last Friday mine arrived. Opened box to realised I'd ordered a regular awning not a California bracketed awning. Thought never mid I'll order the brackets, Can't get them! Tried where I bought the awning, tried the wholesaler in UK and other caravan parts retailers. Apparently Fiamma won't sell the brackets I need. I have emailled Italy but no response. The Advice given to me is "sell your awning and buy a correct one". I have put it up for sale here but no good trying to sell it further afield as how do I get it delivered! What do you all think, can I get brackets? do I have any comeback with the Company I bought it from? I'm really annoyed as it was a genuine mistake but because its not back in its box they won't take it back, please help!!

Distance selling regs would point to be being just able to return it to the supplier.

Unless it is faulty I think you need to be able to send it back in its original condition, including packaging, to be able to claim a refund.

Perhaps a direct email to Fiamma might get a response?

If you get no joy with Fiamma or the seller, try Nick @comfortz he may be able to get them in (if they are available separately).

Yikes! Unfortunately you cannot buy the brackets on their own they come with the California specific Fiamma awning. T4WFA is right though distance selling regs should cover it. I've had to take the hit several time one this front being a supplier! Even if folks have just changed their minds. As long of course as its still reusable, re - saleable.

I have picked up some California brackets on ebay a time or two - but check carefully as some folks list the wrong ones.

Another option would be to order the VW brackets - I've took a close look at these before and I think they'd work with the fiamma but can't say 100%, but it maybe worth a try depending on the cost!

Some brackets have just come up for sale on eBay. Look under VW California and newly listed. Good luck

Pop the item number up as the ones I can see listed (131861963099) are listed for California in error and are the wrong ones :Nailbiting

Thanks all, those on ebay I see are for a F35, I've an F45S. I've spoken to my supplier and he's making it difficult to return, after a heated argument both of us are trying to sell this awning for about €400 which is a great price but shipping is the problem. I'm caught between standing my ground and fighting via a small claims court for ages or trying to sell/wait for brackets! I'll keep everyone posted and thanks again!

Pop the item number up as the ones I can see listed (131861963099) are listed for California in error and are the wrong ones :Nailbiting
That's the ones I saw. Frustrating

Just a suggestion, have a chat with a metal fabricator. They might be able to work out a solution.

Try your VW dealer for the parts, you should be able to see what you need on here https://ifinterface.com/prog/car/prog2/inprog.php

Click 'Welcome' then 'Free Services', then 'CarProg2'

Select Name 'Campmob', double click the year of your Cali and select '0 Extras'

Scroll down the right pane to Sub Group 67 (Awning) and double click that row, an illustration should appear in the left pane showing the awning and its parts. Depending on what was delivered with your awning you may need some of the additional fixing parts in addition to items 15 & 16. Check the square nut (Item 30) for instance. The other nuts & bolts look to be regular ironmongery items.

Thanks again everyone, I've sold the awning now for nearly what I paid to a lad who wanted it for his Autosleeper, so I'm going to carefully choose again!

Back