Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma Awning Brackets and Awning Questions - sidepod

J

JBj

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
This is mainly for sidepod but for some reason I can't PM him. I have a 1998 T4 Cali and I want to add the Fiamma brackets and F45S 2.6 awning. I see that sidepod did three brackets as per the original Westfalia instructions http://www.westfaliat4.info/1992CaliforniaSunAwningMountingInstructionsWM.pdf. Was there just two sets of brackets purchased and one bracket not used? Are these the brackets I need https://www.justkampers.com/convers...-adapter-kit-for-vw-t4-and-t4-lift-roof.html? What were the spacers made from? Is it easy to prevent water intrusion from the holes drilled into the body?

Quick way to get a members attention if you know their username is to ‘mention’ them like this - @sidepod

They’ll normally receive a notification then. You can only DM if you have a full membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JBj
Quick way to get a members attention if you know their username is to ‘mention’ them like this - @sidepod

They’ll normally receive a notification then. You can only DM if you have a full membership.

Thanks, I didn't know the + was a thing. I have a full membership but it is something with his profile. I have seen at least one other person mention it on an old thread, the option isn't there to PM him.

Thanks, I didn't know the + was a thing. I have a full membership but it is something with his profile. I have seen at least one other person mention it on an old thread, the option isn't there to PM him.

Hopefully he’ll spot your thread shortly. Not sure why you aren’t able to DM him despite having a full membership. One for the moderators I guess.

Reactions: JBj
This is mainly for sidepod but for some reason I can't PM him. I have a 1998 T4 Cali and I want to add the Fiamma brackets and F45S 2.6 awning. I see that sidepod did three brackets as per the original Westfalia instructions http://www.westfaliat4.info/1992CaliforniaSunAwningMountingInstructionsWM.pdf. Was there just two sets of brackets purchased and one bracket not used? Are these the brackets I need https://www.justkampers.com/convers...-adapter-kit-for-vw-t4-and-t4-lift-roof.html? What were the spacers made from? Is it easy to prevent water intrusion from the holes drilled into the body?
Morning,

I had to buy two pairs of brackets so yes, one is spare. Do you want it?

The spacers I made from a sheet of black chopping board material (not sure of the exact material), found on eBay. The thin metal shims I had made at work but they’re easy enough. I should have some left.

Sealing the body , I just used silicone.

Hope this helps.

Morning,

I had to buy two pairs of brackets so yes, one is spare. Do you want it?

The spacers I made from a sheet of black chopping board material (not sure of the exact material), found on eBay. The thin metal shims I had made at work but they’re easy enough. I should have some left.

Sealing the body , I just used silicone.

Hope this helps.
Sidepod, thanks for the reply and information. Yes, if you think having the third bracket is worth it I would like your spare bracket. Please message me with information on what you would like for it and any other materials you may have that may help.

I will explore the other information products. You are satisfied with the 2.6 F45S? Another size wouldn’t be more beneficial, either shorter or longer?

No problem. I’ll dig it out later.
Three should be better but probably not necessary. There are plenty of awnings out there hung on just two. I preferred the Westy approach for a more authenticate solution.

Using three does create alignment issues obviously hence the shims. Take your time and use string and you’ll be ok. Do the front and rear first then line up the middle one.

Size is perfect. Any longer and the legs won’t really work with the brackets on the side of the van

Ok found them. So one bracket set (two pieces make one), two shims for the central bracket and one piece of the black polyurethane so you’ll need to source a bit more (eBay) and a bag of bolts. I’ll PM you.
5321604D-C50D-4F4D-8362-2B96DC333DC8.jpeg

Would anyone know if it is possible to get just the rubbers or if there is a part number for it? Mine have perished and I have a Fiamma distributor looking into it but no response so far. I'm half thinking of just cutting the shape out of 2 or 3mm 60 shore rubber if I can find some off cuts.

No idea but your plans sounds pretty good. Approx 4mm thick.

Back