Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally picking him up!

Welcome to the Cali family. What's his name, Santa12?

Welcome to the Cali family. What's his name, Santa12?
Haha not quite.... That's a good call though!

The T25 we have is called Gaston. My young lad named him. And when I asked what he'd like to call the new camper, he looked at me in a very confused way and just said... "Gaston". Like it would ever be something else!

Congrats Santa,

I hope Gaston is big and Red ?

post some pics when Gaston has landed

Congrats Santa,

I hope Gaston is big and Red ?

post some pics when Gaston has landed
Ironically not. He's blue!
The old Gaston was a Karmann Gipsy so the name suited him (he was names after the ladybird in my lads favourite TV show at the time!).
I was hoping for a new name really, but who can deny their 5 year old in naming the new camper?

Good for you! I'm sure you will love it, and so will your son! Although it doesn't have the charme of your previous van, it sure has some advantages. Let's hope you get to travel with it soon!

Ironically not. He's blue!
The old Gaston was a Karmann Gipsy so the name suited him (he was names after the ladybird in my lads favourite TV show at the time!).
I was hoping for a new name really, but who can deny their 5 year old in naming the new camper?
My daughter enjoyed Ben and Holly too. Used to like it when they saddled up Gaston and used his antennae as joysticks!

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the new Gaston

My daughter enjoyed Ben and Holly too. Used to like it when they saddled up Gaston and used his antennae as joysticks!
That's exactly what my boy would say... Going out in the camper was like driving the ladybird haha!

Good for you! I'm sure you will love it, and so will your son! Although it doesn't have the charme of your previous van, it sure has some advantages. Let's hope you get to travel with it soon!
It won't have the charm, your right.
But it will get us places at over 40mph, and it will be FAR easier to drive!
I really don't want to sell the old Gaston, but it's too much for a day out or just an overnight stay really. We need something easier to use

Yes, easier to drive, faster, safer, more comfortable, better for the invironment and the list goes on. But still my wife keeps reminding me it doesn't have the charm ;-)

Yes, easier to drive, faster, safer, more comfortable, better for the invironment and the list goes on. But still my wife keeps reminding me it doesn't have the charm ;-)
I know. I'm going to miss the old Gaston very much when he goes :(

Back