Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally took the plunge!

P

Polomint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Have been thinking of getting a California since hiring one for bicycle event a couple of years ago. Getting ours next week. So excited. I am sure it will take years to fathom how to work everything, but am sure it is going to be fun all the way. Hopefully if we encounter any problems the more experienced members will be there for us, as we will be for those in the future. Here’s to happy days in our new California. One question, does everybody name their Cali??

I believe most owners give the Cali a name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One question, does everybody name their Cali??

When we brought our Cali in 2014 we were going to rent it out to help pay for it. The rental site insisted on naming the Cali. So we named it a girls name to match the last 3 letters of the Reg.

We ended up not renting it. However we had a little girl in 2016 and liked the name so much we named our little girl that name instead :)

We have tried to name our Cali but haven’t found anything that has stuck yet! So it’s ‘the van’! Which is sort of a name, ish.........
If you have a beach or coast there are links to you tube videos on the forum showing how to put the roof down which I found worth watching to show how to keep the fabric away from the clips. The manual is fine for most other things!

Hope you enjoy yours next week - hopefully not too long till campsites reopen

We have tried to name our Cali but haven’t found anything that has stuck yet! So it’s ‘the van’! Which is sort of a name, ish.........
If you have a beach or coast there are links to you tube videos on the forum showing how to put the roof down which I found worth watching to show how to keep the fabric away from the clips. The manual is fine for most other things!

Hope you enjoy yours next week - hopefully not too long till campsites reopen
At the moment it’s also “the van” or the Cali. It’s Acapulco blue so will keep thinking

Have been thinking of getting a California since hiring one for bicycle event a couple of years ago. Getting ours next week. So excited. I am sure it will take years to fathom how to work everything, but am sure it is going to be fun all the way. Hopefully if we encounter any problems the more experienced members will be there for us, as we will be for those in the future. Here’s to happy days in our new California. One question, does everybody name their Cali??
Congratulations - what have you gone for?? colour/spec etc!

It’s a 150t? Ocean in Acapulco blue, it’s a lovely colour. It’s moon rock inside.
Phil collins was the cover, perhaps the 4 seasons? A bit of a mouthful though

Finally we have Vananelle. Picked her up today. Now ready for our next adventure 35587782-8360-4A61-8956-88976805A22A.jpeg

Nice looker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pick mine up on Friday and the Wife and I had a discussion about the name and agreed to call it Rita May after my Grandmother.

Back