Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Bank Holiday Out

That's not an awning, it's a garage!
We stay on cc sites a lot and only once have they insisted that I reversed onto a pitch. That was so they could tow us off if needed. 4motion so wasn't going to happen and even then shouldn't be towed.

I've never had a problem when its just the van - you can face whichever way you want as long as you are next to the peg. Its the awning being on the right hand side that they insist on if you are in the middle of a row.

Deleted duplicate

We like pitches that are ~5.5 m wide and 10 or more metres long with a hedge on three sides.

We park across the front of the pitch, have the wind out fully extended, then the driveaway pinning down the wind out, with a completely private patch of lawn beyond that. Perfect!

Or, one better, the rear of the pitch facing the sea.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I can't believe just how much stuff you can get in one of these with some well thought out clever packing.

I pulled the back bench as far forward as I could. In the hole left behind I got my huge awning, three extra seats, front thermal screen cover, awning carpet, awning foot print, awning electric camping pump, awning LED lights, camp table and 3 X small bags of stuff.

Need to find stuff to fill the boot and rear shelf lol

I've not known rain like it! Glade I ordered that roof topper, but it seems short on the side needs adjusting I guess.
IMG_20180330_150409.jpg
IMG_20180330_150353.jpg

Reactions: Sad
This is the image I based my decision to order a R/H awning. If you look at the bottom left the image shows a L/H awning. However the van in the picture is a UK platform and it's slider is on the passenger side.

Our Cali's are a German platform and have the sliding door on the right behind the driver. So to achieve the same as the image shown I need to order a R/H awning. This takes me back to my point that I don't believe I'm the only person with a California or Beach that's ordered a R/H.

Isn't that a L/H awning in your pick? Did you change your order or was that what they sent when you ordered a R/H one?

Isn't that a L/H awning in your pick? Did you change your order or was that what they sent when you ordered a R/H one?

Kampa let me down with my awning order and the retailer lent me their demo, so yes we'll spotted. I'm apparently the only Cali driver in the UK that wants a R/H.

Kampa let me down with my awning order and the retailer lent me their demo, so yes we'll spotted. I'm apparently the only Cali driver in the UK that wants a R/H.
Nope, there are at least two of us.....we have the Vango Galli 2 R/H which also the size of a small garage and I love it

It’s not that heavy and it is essential for my clan to escape the van and spread out in monsoon season aka Easter

If using caravan club sites a left hand one used on the right hand side works better.

On their pitches the awning has to go to the right of the van so you would normally drive in forwards so the slider is on the right. If you then put up a RHD awning you end up with the front of it facing the trees/bushes/ hedge. Using a LHD awning with the front of the awning at the back end of the van works a lot better.

On the other hand if you don't use Caravan Club sites it probably doesn't make a difference.
Caravan Club usually not that bothered which way round we are on Edinburgh site now and we are facing wrong way staff are normally pretty good.

We sell plenty of the R/H awnings both the Kampa Touring, Vango Galli & Galli Compact and we hold them all in physical stock.

Beware, many other retailers will buy them in to order !

Back