Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First California ownership - From Belgium

D

dctrl

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi everybody. I introduce myself in short.

My whole life I dream of a VW California van, now that I don't have the time to travel, I can afford one... ;-).
So top priority with the California is just using it!
I can use it for work as well, I'm in building construction but the digital part of it... (making buildings smart).

I've done some weekends and a week on a variety of places from campsites to parking lots. I was last week in the drowned region of Spa-Verviers Belgium and had to escape the flooding! Lucky for me I could, contrary to many local people.

I travel alone (divorced), or with 2 kids, no dogs (yet). Countdown has begun to the point where the kids turn 18!

After much reading (on here and elsewhere) I took the plunge and bought a new T6.1 Ocean (over a westfalia Kepler). Ocean's are in late no delivery, so I made some compromises: I do have the base vehicle I wanted, with 4motion. I had no choice of options and color.
One missing option would be cruise control: it has none of that (how is that possible), but it does have the bigger satnav, digital cockpit, parkpilot etc... Maybe later I look to build in cruise control, and blind spot monitoring, two driving options I would really appreciate. If anybody here has tips on how to do it, they are welcome!