Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

first California

jon67

jon67

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hello everyone, we have recently purchased a 1997 California exclusive Westfalia, German import, LHD. Great van, long wheelbase, high top, which looks a bit cumbersome compared to the pop-ups. No problem on motorways though. 2.5 Tdi. (180k Km) 112k miles on clock.
Hope to be heading for a few tester trips in half term holidays (wife and 11 yr + 12yr old kids).
Regards Jonathan
VW california exclusive.jpg

Hi Nice van - as you will know there are a few Westies owner on the forum :thumb

Hi Jonathan, Very nice. Looks in great condition and you won't be partaking in our pop up roof issues. Good luck on your first trips

Mike

Hi and welcome to the green smurftop ;)

Welcome to the world of Westies @jon67. The Exclusive has a great layout, my folks have one in the same colour. Built to last too, but each have their own quirks so if you find any you know where to come asking. Enjoy your half term.

Hello and welcome! Longwheelbase: Great! I am sure that gives an extra bit of space! Have fun!

Welcome from another Exclusive :)

The T4 is great vehicle. Very reliable, not over complicated and very well made. Yours looks in amazing condition. Is a LWB version a rarity? What is the exclusive version?
Happy holidays.

What is the exclusive version?
Although the shower tray in this one is a modification.

There are no decent videos showing how great they are inside. The Exclusive became the new 'Joker' and this video gives you an idea of the space / headroom / separate kitchen, living and loo areas.

Although the shower tray in this one is a modification.

There are no decent videos showing how great they are inside. The Exclusive became the new 'Joker' and this video gives you an idea of the space / headroom / separate kitchen, living and loo areas.
Thanks T4WFA,
Wow! What an amazing vehicle. I think if I was looking for a new camper van now I would be very tempted. However they must be quite rare now.
I had a very low mileage sky blue T4 LWB panel van for nine years until quite recently. It was a lovely solid, well made and uncomplcated van that was always a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately when I packed in my self employed activities it became surplus to requirements. I still miss it.

Welcome to the world of Westies @jon67. The Exclusive has a great layout, my folks have one in the same colour. Built to last too, but each have their own quirks so if you find any you know where to come asking. Enjoy your half term.
Thanks mrcheesbrough. I have had to buy a new charger/inverter, the original Westfalia one was burnt out. I got the 20amp one from http://www.travelvolts.com/Battery-chargers-.html, £95 inc delivery.

Thanks T4WFA,
Wow! What an amazing vehicle. I think if I was looking for a new camper van now I would be very tempted. However they must be quite rare now.
I had a very low mileage sky blue T4 LWB panel van for nine years until quite recently. It was a lovely solid, well made and uncomplcated van that was always a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately when I packed in my self employed activities it became surplus to requirements. I still miss it.
Thanks T4WFA, great videos of the Exclusive! Does yours have a shower?

Back