Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First campervan

H

Harry R

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
My wife and I collect a T6 on 15th February .Our first campervan so looking for all the help and advice to get the best out of our campervan .
Any advice appreciated

My wife and I collect a T6 on 15th February .Our first campervan so looking for all the help and advice to get the best out of our campervan .
Any advice appreciated
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Plenty of advice and tips etc: in the T6 Section.

Click on Forums above and scroll down to the T6 specific sections.

Welcome Harry, I wish you many happy adventures in your new Cali.

If you haven't done any research into the Cali yet my advice is to read the relevant section of the manual thoroughly before trying to operate each aspect of your new van, especially the roof. These are complicated vehicles and doing the usual bloke thing of pressing buttons first and then reading the manual afterwards when it's all gone hidiously wrong will possibly lead to damage. Other than that just enjoy.

Oh yes, one other thing. If you want to spend some quality time exploring your new toy as soon as you pick it up I would suggest not taking it home straight away but going off on a short break instead. If you go straight home you'll end up spending the first few days giving your friends, neighbours and people walking their dogs past your house the full guilded tour instead. A shiny new California is like a huge magnet to those many people out there that have always secretly wanted to do what you have just done. :thumb

Welcome on board , the whole camper thing was also new to us when we got ours in 2012 . Only regret we have is we have not done it earlyer....
Enjoy it and share your adventures on here;)

Let us know which you got, ie Ocean or Beach and it will be easier.
First advice, dont buy anything until you have it. I spent my first trip with a sleeping bag and toothbrush.

Any advice appreciated
Hi Harry, go onto you tube and search for vw california lots of items will come up.look for some that show demonstrations,use and set of the (mainly van hire sites) you can learn a lot:welcome

You Tube video in German but covers most initial use points clearly and easy to follow, no talking just film.

Welcome (with envy as mine's due at dealer next week)

You Tube video in German but covers most initial use points clearly and easy to follow, no talking just film.

Welcome (with envy as mine's due at dealer next week)

Hi Harry, check this one out!
, there is also a part 2.

Thanks for all the responses it's the California ocean that we collect next week.