Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Ferry Crossing - info needed please

C

Calilouwill

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi All,

We are taking our Cali for the first time on the Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao tomorrow (14th July)
Could anyone kindly advise how early we can arrive at the port in Portsmouth? Boat is scheduled to leave at 9.45pm.
Also how long does it usually take for everyone to embark?
I think we may miss most of the Euro final - oops!

Any other useful advise on the crossing, would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

I'd say you can arrive when you wish. There's a pub nearby called the Ship and Castle. Give them a call they might be showing the game.

Hi All,

We are taking our Cali for the first time on the Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao tomorrow (14th July)
Could anyone kindly advise how early we can arrive at the port in Portsmouth? Boat is scheduled to leave at 9.45pm.

Many Thanks

You need to arrive in plenty of time. Your ticket will tell you last check in time. The match is likely to be on the TV on the ship so with any luck you will be on the ship in time to see some of it.

Hi All,

Many Thanks
Double click when you lock the van to avoid alarm being triggered during the crossing.
Have fun.

Spend time looking out for Whales as you cross continental shelf in the bay of Biscay.

Can you answer your initial questions to help other in future ?