Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First impressions

C

CaliRog

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We had an excellent briefing from the staff at VW Campersales Ltd. And so comforting to know that they are just up the road and available to answer any questions. My very first impression was how delicate were all the cabinet door catches with their simple sophistication. No slamming required.... I said please no slamming nor tugging! I just hope they are robust.

I have had no trouble fixing the Kyham roof cozi to the pop up or a bike to the VW bike rack. So 5 star review from me on both counts.

We have already had a day of driving around the narrow back lanes of Kent and East Sussex; which was a breeze. Not once did I feel the need to retract the wing mirrors. Unfortunately the bodywork is now muddy. I never expected that.

Parked up and went through all the options; ie day dining, night sleeping ( over and under). Spinning the seats was surprisingly easy; but how many of you have marked the seat(s) to minimise adjustment to and fro? Or will this soon be done instinctively even in the dark.

The porta potti is under the sink. The camp accessories are all in the box under the seat. But what to do with the other cupboards; thinking soft stuff that stays for ever in the van. And any other stuff needed for a sly spontaneous overnighter.

By the way is it respectful to call it the Van. In time we will learn to call the Cali by his proper name ie Harvey.

I have a double duvet in its cover and two pillows in the wardrobe.

Ours is called Harvey too - takes no time to remember that we found. There are lots of there ads on here about what people think are essential things to have in the van the whole time, and even ones that show you where people put their various essentials. Happy drawing to find them! Welcome to the club.

Nice review. It sounds like you are having a great time finding out how to best utilise Harvey. The mud thing is a bit of a nuisance especially at this time of year when the enthusiasm for washing it when its cold and nasty outside, seems to evaporate.

Ours is called Harvey too - takes no time to remember that we found. There are lots of there ads on here about what people think are essential things to have in the van the whole time, and even ones that show you where people put their various essentials. Happy drawing to find them! Welcome to the club.

Do you drop the aitch too?

Back