Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First rental trip next week.

MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all,
Our "try before we buy" week is almost upon us and whilst I've learnt a lot from here, there's one thing I'm unsure of;
What do I do with the alarm at night? Does it protect the doors whilst allowing movement? Is there a different way of setting it when leaving the vehicle? :oops:
I'm sure they will go through it at pick-up but just so I know....
Ta v much :thumb

Hi all,
Our "try before we buy" week is almost upon us and whilst I've learnt a lot from here, there's one thing I'm unsure of;
What do I do with the alarm at night? Does it protect the doors whilst allowing movement? Is there a different way of setting it when leaving the vehicle? :oops:
There is a button on the Drivers Door. Use that at night. Door alarms are then set for opening from outside but Interior Alarms are Disabled. 2 Pulls on the Interior Door Handles to Open the Doors if you don't use the button to Unlock.
DO NOT USE the Remote Fob as Interior Alarms are then Active and the Deadlocks, Or Safelock as VW call it, and you will NOT be able to unlock the doors from inside without the Remote.

Enjoy yourself. I'm sure you'll be hooked.

Hi all,

If you decide to lock yourself in at night you can do it in one of three ways without setting the alarm or deadlocking the doors.

1. The rocker switch on the driver’s door.
2. Press the switch on the B pillar so it glows orange then lock with the fob.
3. A double press of the fob.

A single press of the fob deadlocks the doors and sets the three alarms. Deadlocking the doors means they cannot be opened from the inside. The three alarms are: door alarms, tilt alarm, air volume alarm. Door alarms activate as soon as a door is opened, tilt alarm activates if someone tries to tow away, volumetric alarm activates if movement is detected inside a locked van.

There is a button on the Drivers Door. Use that at night. Door alarms are then set for opening from outside but Interior Alarms are Disabled. 2 Pulls on the Interior Door Handles to Open the Doors if you don't use the button to Unlock.
DO NOT USE the Remote Fob as Interior Alarms are then Active and the Deadlocks, Or Safelock as VW call it, and you will NOT be able to unlock the doors from inside without the Remote.

Enjoy yourself. I'm sure you'll be hooked.

Thanks mate, much appreciated, I am already, just the missus to convince! :thumb

If you decide to lock yourself in at night you can do it in one of three ways without setting the alarm or deadlocking the doors.

1. The rocker switch on the driver’s door.
2. Press the switch on the B pillar so it glows orange then lock with the fob.
3. A double press of the fob.

A single press of the fob deadlocks the doors and sets the three alarms. Deadlocking the doors means they cannot be opened from the inside. The three alarms are: door alarms, tilt alarm, air volume alarm. Door alarms activate as soon as a door is opened, tilt alarm activates if someone tries to tow away, volumetric alarm activates if movement is detected inside a locked van.

Cheers mate, noted and appreciated :thumb

Back