Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Key fob settings... Advice please

O

Olympian Blue

I'm sure I've seen something on this site before about pre-setting the key fob at the dealers before collection but can't for the life of me find it! Am I correct in thinking that we can pick and choose what actions the key fob performs e.g. what lights flash with or without the horn sounding on activation of alarm via key fob etc...?

thanks

Ceinwen
2 months to collection!! :D :barmy

Hi there and welcome along
I think that you can change various settings using the vag com. Stu is the man to answer this
I'm sure he will be able to advise you better when he comes on
Roll on two months when you pick up your new Cali do I need to guess the colour :rofl :rofl
Or is the clue your username

You can ask the dealers to enable or indeed disable some features for you. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are -

Beep on lock
Beep on unlock
Beep if alarm has been triggered
(You can change the action of the indicator lights for these too but I see no reason to)

Anti Hijack Locking - Lock the doors at 15kmh
Unlock when the ignition key is removed (compliments above)

Selective door unlocking (choose the mode of unlocking either drivers on the first push and all on the second push or all on the first push)

Brake Lights flash for emergency braking
Hazards flash for emergency braking
Headlights auto on above 100kmh

You could also read about the Large MPH display in the technical section. :thumb

Stu said:
You can ask the dealers to enable or indeed disable some features for you. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are -

Beep on lock
Beep on unlock
Beep if alarm has been triggered
(You can change the action of the indicator lights for these too but I see no reason to)

Anti Hijack Locking - Lock the doors at 15kmh
Unlock when the ignition key is removed (compliments above)

Selective door unlocking (choose the mode of unlocking either drivers on the first push and all on the second push or all on the first push)

Brake Lights flash for emergency braking
Hazards flash for emergency braking
Headlights auto on above 100kmh

You could also read about the Large MPH display in the technical section. :thumb

Stu

Does that mean the brake lights flashing and the hazards flashing under emergency braking are not set up when you buy? I could understand this being a market dependent feature. If it is not - it is something I'd want.

And the auto headlights - 100 kph is 62 mph (roughly) is that correct? Would this be for all Cali's or just those with auto lights.

Forgive me if these questions are obvious - just want to understand in my head.

James

My mistake the headlights come on at 80mph which is what 130kmh??

I think it would be available to all but I'd have to test it.

Stu said:
My mistake the headlights come on at 80mph which is what 130kmh??

I think it would be available to all but I'd have to test it.

lol - I won't need the headlights then :) - 80 in 115bhp Bluemotion - come on - we're into unchartered waters there.

:)

James

what lights flash with or without the horn sounding on activation of alarm via key fob etc...?

Was told when had last motorbike alarm fitted that it is not legal to have any audible noise when alarm ia activated or deactivated. That is probably why this is not enabled from factory.

Thanks for the info.

Will look at all the options and contact the dealer in good time to get everything set up.

Does anyone know of any other settings that are worth having?

:thumb