Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First stop, lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

When we stayed in Lauterbrunnen in July for a week we pre-bought unlimited train ticket for 6 days from jungfrau.ch. We used the every day and it saved us lots. Not cheap, but save time and money plus gets you to go places you may otherwise not bother with. There are I believe other options from other companies too, but ours also have us free travel on the boated on the Lakes by Interlaken. Bonus!

Simon and Angela

Did you buy the tickets when you got there or did you pre order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The photos posted provide many memories of Camping Jungfrau for me... It is amongst the most stunning sites we've ever stayed at (Wolfgansee in Austria comes close), though the sun does hide behind the mountains in the evening. You can buy all of the train passes and Jungfraujoch tickets at the campsite, including getting the discount on the Junfraujoch trip if you buy the local rover ticket - there are options on how many days you want. Pricey but so, so worth it. Switzerland is nuts expensive to eat out but manageable by "eating in". You will not have an issue getting a pitch in September. If you have the weather it is just amazing.

The train ride up to the Jungfrau is excellent although very expensive (around £150pp). Best advice is to get an early morning train (the first train is 07:07). This means you're on the train and at the summit before the crowds arrive up from Interlaken. Camping Jungfrau sells tickets and will give general advice. Enjoy.

Did you buy the tickets when you got there or did you pre order?

You can buy them at stations an do often campsites too. 3 days is the minimum duration though.

Do go up the Jungfrau if you can, best advice we were given is that if it’s a clear day, go! Don’t wait, weather is very changeable and you need to be flexible. We bought rail passes before we went that give you discounts on all Swiss trains for a month. Some of the private railways also give you a discount, can’t remember if Jungfrau did. We also stayed at Camping Jungfrau, but the pitch wasn’t great for the awning as very sharp stones and it was a bit busy for us. That said, the dry room was useful!

Big thumbs up for Camping Jungfrau. Stayed in July. Lots of people appeared to turn up on peck and got spaces. Was never full up. Easy stroll to the village and great location for all the best trips. Can’t recommend the schidegge plate trip from Wilderswil enough. Panorama hike at the top was truly amazing. Have a great trip.

The photos posted provide many memories of Camping Jungfrau for me... It is amongst the most stunning sites we've ever stayed at (Wolfgansee in Austria comes close), though the sun does hide behind the mountains in the evening. You can buy all of the train passes and Jungfraujoch tickets at the campsite, including getting the discount on the Junfraujoch trip if you buy the local rover ticket - there are options on how many days you want. Pricey but so, so worth it. Switzerland is nuts expensive to eat out but manageable by "eating in". You will not have an issue getting a pitch in September. If you have the weather it is just amazing.

We did a city break to Basel in May so we know how expensive it is haha!
I think we will be buying tickets when we arrive as we have no idea how long we’ll be staying.

The train ride up to the Jungfrau is excellent although very expensive (around £150pp). Best advice is to get an early morning train (the first train is 07:07). This means you're on the train and at the summit before the crowds arrive up from Interlaken. Camping Jungfrau sells tickets and will give general advice. Enjoy.

Good advice!
Not sure the wife will like the early rise but I’m sure she’ll be rewarded as I’m not a fan of crowds

27683bdba9c53dc5e97b812f686c78ef.jpg
3bf9985418594c03f82aa0059561a0d5.jpg
bb26d0e1b67ae0bbb176d0460efa1dbe.jpg
a38dca6c1a4ddad06d905a456792ab2f.jpg

Lauterbrunnen was much more than expected!
25 celcius and sunny for our full 5 night trip, and -2 celcius on the Jungfraujoch!
Thanks for all the tips.

We then went to Italy for s few nights and we’re currently near Zermatt, heading to Geneva next

27683bdba9c53dc5e97b812f686c78ef.jpg
3bf9985418594c03f82aa0059561a0d5.jpg
bb26d0e1b67ae0bbb176d0460efa1dbe.jpg
a38dca6c1a4ddad06d905a456792ab2f.jpg

Lauterbrunnen was much more than expected!
25 celcius and sunny for our full 5 night trip, and -2 celcius on the Jungfraujoch!
Thanks for all the tips.

We then went to Italy for s few nights and we’re currently near Zermatt, heading to Geneva next

Love it there many happy memories.

Back