Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First time Cali owner!

O

On_one

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi, I’m based in the East Midlands and have just bought a T6.1 Ocean - first time California owner so I’m very excited for the many adventures that lie ahead. Any tips & tricks welcomed, and if anyone has any recommendations for places to check out (especially coastal), please let me know!

Oh, and if anyone can tell me what this is, I’d be very grateful. I’ve no idea what it is for

IMG_9149.jpeg

Hi.
I’m also a new Cali owner (end of June). I’m sure you’ll get a lot of tips like “just go and try it - you’ll work out what works for you”.

But here are a few useful things I’ve noted as I was getting ready for delivery:

Bed sizes:
IMG_0442.JPG

Small double (Queen-size) 120 x 190cm - fitted sheets from Dunelm are cheap and fit both beds.

Temperature from auxiliary Heater
Setting Temp °C
1 12
2 14
3 16
4 18
5 19
6 20
7 21
8 22
9 24
10 26

Campsites
* Burns Farm, Keswick - here at the moment! Highly recommended.
* Waterside, Ullswater
* Castleton CAMC, Peak District
* Torrent Walk, Wales
* Trawsdir, Barmouth
* Rosemarkie, Moray Firth
* Three Cliffs Bay, Gower
* Muasdale, Kintyre.
* Fidden Farm, Isle of Mull
* Carfei Bay, Pembroke
* Morte Point, Devon
* Cae Du, Snowdonia

Cali Dimensions (print out and stick to your sun-visor):
* Height: 1.990m
* Length: 4.904m
* Width: 1.904m (without mirrors)
* Width: 2.297m (with mirrors)

None of these are from me - the original authors can be found on here, so full credit to them.

Some tips from me though:
1. Only one person can be doing anything at any one time if there are more of you in the van.
2. An external screen cover (ours if from Rainbow screens) works much better than the VW stuff.
3. As soon as you’ve finished with something, put it back where it belongs. I’m amazed how quickly it gets untidy 8n the van.
4. Less is more. After your first few trips, review what you take and if you haven’t used something, take it out of the van.
5. I’ve found an Aeropress makes good coffee and it’s easy to dispose of the grounds after use (not like a cafetière).
6. Go and enjoy yourself … discover what works for you.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi.
I’m also a new Cali owner (end of June). I’m sure you’ll get a lot of tips like “just go and try it - you’ll work out what works for you”.

But here are a few useful things I’ve noted as I was getting ready for delivery:

Bed sizes:
View attachment 127907

Small double (Queen-size) 120 x 190cm - fitted sheets from Dunelm are cheap and fit both beds.

Temperature from auxiliary Heater
Setting Temp °C
1 12
2 14
3 16
4 18
5 19
6 20
7 21
8 22
9 24
10 26

Campsites
* Burns Farm, Keswick - here at the moment! Highly recommended.
* Waterside, Ullswater
* Castleton CAMC, Peak District
* Torrent Walk, Wales
* Trawsdir, Barmouth
* Rosemarkie, Moray Firth
* Three Cliffs Bay, Gower
* Muasdale, Kintyre.
* Fidden Farm, Isle of Mull
* Carfei Bay, Pembroke
* Morte Point, Devon
* Cae Du, Snowdonia

Cali Dimensions (print out and stick to your sun-visor):
* Height: 1.990m
* Length: 4.904m
* Width: 1.904m (without mirrors)
* Width: 2.297m (with mirrors)

None of these are from me - the original authors can be found on here, so full credit to them.

Some tips from me though:
1. Only one person can be doing anything at any one time if there are more of you in the van.
2. An external screen cover (ours if from Rainbow screens) works much better than the VW stuff.
3. As soon as you’ve finished with something, put it back where it belongs. I’m amazed how quickly it gets untidy 8n the van.
4. Less is more. After your first few trips, review what you take and if you haven’t used something, take it out of the van.
5. I’ve found an Aeropress makes good coffee and it’s easy to dispose of the grounds after use (not like a cafetière).
6. Go and enjoy yourself … discover what works for you.

Good luck!

Thank you for this! Very helpful! enjoy your trip away!

Hi, I’m based in the East Midlands and have just bought a T6.1 Ocean - first time California owner so I’m very excited for the many adventures that lie ahead. Any tips & tricks welcomed, and if anyone has any recommendations for places to check out (especially coastal), please let me know!

Oh, and if anyone can tell me what this is, I’d be very grateful. I’ve no idea what it is for

View attachment 127904
So many answers to your questions ! The best advice is to use the forum search function - Advanced Search is best, then ‘search threads’. Happy reading!

In the item you pictured, no sorry I don’t know.