Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First time California owners

L

LJJJC

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all,

Picking up our first California on Thursday.
We’ve gone for a new ocean 150 in Ascot Grey with sport design pack and a few other bits.
Trips booked to the Lake District first and then France in August.

We’ve picked up some great tips already from this forum.

Luca & Jodie

Arguably the best colour combo nicely accented with the Sports Pack details. Really memorable experience collecting my new Cali in Amsterdam. Make sure you take the checklist as you will be too excited to remember everything that needs to be checked and confirmed present. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Hi all,

Picking up our first California on Thursday.
We’ve gone for a new ocean 150 in Ascot Grey with sport design pack and a few other bits.
Trips booked to the Lake District first and then France in August.

We’ve picked up some great tips already from this forum.

Luca & Jodie
Love the Ascot Grey with the sports pack. Don’t forget to drop some photos. Enjoy.

Does anybody know when vip membership activates? Paid for it yesterday via PayPal but nothing updated as of yet.

Does anybody know when vip membership activates? Paid for it yesterday via PayPal but nothing updated as of yet.
Would think it was pretty quick, maybe something hasn’t gone right. I’m sure @calikev will be along soon to advise and support.

Hi i have just checked it is paypal the payment just says pending not sure why it does not tell us normally it is automated give it a few days and if nothing has happened let me know

First trip out in our new ocean with 2 kids and a dog. We decided on holgates in silverdale as its not to far from home and we’ve camped here plenty of times so know it well.

First time setup of the awning was a challenge but confident we can get it up much quicker next time. This was a must for the amount of equipment we needed to take.

We’re all loving the Cali life!

IMG_6834.jpeg

IMG_6837.jpeg

Setting up the drive away gets easier but our biggest ‘bug bear’ is always ‘the pegs’, mostly when on hardstanding, grass not usually a problem and we’ve yet to find pegs up to the job, just carry lots …… lol

Setting up the drive away gets easier but our biggest ‘bug bear’ is always ‘the pegs’, mostly when on hardstanding, grass not usually a problem and we’ve yet to find pegs up to the job, just carry lots …… lol

We had the same issue, I’ve got 2 sets of the hard ground pegs and found that the ones that have the hex top worked better (purple top). Knocked partly in with a 4lb lump hammer and used an impact driver to finish off. Bent quite a few in the process when knocking in the standard hard ground pegs (orange top)

Congrats and welcome to the Ascot / Sport pack club. :welcome

How long did it actually take you to put the drive away awning up? My other half reckoned it took me over 3 hours the first and last time I put ours up. It took Mike from Attwools's about 15 minutes in the youtube video for our awning. :rolleyes:

353E001B-30DD-4DCC-9BB5-0E9B2B8F4945.jpg