Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First time camping in Dora...

Just back from 3nights camping in Dublin. Myself, my wife and two children all kept warm enough with a 1kw heater purchased from Argos. Used hook up but would love a parking heater fitted. Anyone with experience of a retro fitted parking heater? Johnny from slide pods has been very helpful with his experience regarding this..

Just back from 3nights camping in Dublin. Myself, my wife and two children all kept warm enough with a 1kw heater purchased from Argos. Used hook up but would love a parking heater fitted. Anyone with experience of a retro fitted parking heater? Johnny from slide pods has been very helpful with his experience regarding this..
I doubt if your VW Dealership would have the capability or experience to fit a Diesel Heater.
However, many Campervan Converters do or could recommend someone.
This link gives a couple of recommended Converters in N. Ireland/Eire
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=167617

Hi Welsh gas. . Thanks for your advice. I'm actually based in Surrey but will look around for sure.
That's a lot easier. Plenty around.
The only converter I can recommend is DirtyWeekender in Worcester. My son cannot speak too highly of them, but there are others much closer to you.

Hi Welsh gas. . Thanks for your advice. I'm actually based in Surrey but will look around for sure.
I would avoid Nomad/Camperworks in Horsham. They made a right hash of fitting a Webasto to my Beach. Fuel line routed over the coolant heater exhaust (melted the fuel line), broke bits of internal trim and general workmanship was well below what I hoped for. Got it all sorted now by redoing myself the final fix but wont be back to them.

I had a propex heater heater installed by Propex in my t2 from their workshop in Ringwood, Hampshire. They did a fantastic job. I had a small LPG tank and a point for gas bbq or cooker installed as well. It's a really neat solution especially for my T2 which didn't even have heating when driving along. I know they do a lot of T5's with a simular set up.

I had a propex heater heater installed by Propex in my t2 from their workshop in Ringwood, Hampshire. They did a fantastic job. I had a small LPG tank and a point for gas bbq or cooker installed as well. It's a really neat solution especially for my T2 which didn't even have heating when driving along. I know they do a lot of T5's with a simular set up.
Not sure what a propex heater is?! Was thinking to keep to as close as I could to VW's own though open to ideas.

Last edited:
Back