Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First trip

Andyboy

Andyboy

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So we got our Cali 2 months ago and appart from a couple of weekend breaks this is our first road trip. It's our first day and we are in France, Epernay, champagne region. Drove from Germany through Luxemburg into France with no problems and appart from some people in the streets wearing masks all is normal. We are on a campsite and all is normal, mostly French and Holland with a few Germans, seems the scare tactics are working appart from me a few brits and all of Holland . Totally happy with the bus only issue so far is the Batterie, we taught it would charge automatically but seems we have to tell it to charge, we have 20 hours left hopefully when we move on tomorrow we can charge the batteries. Oh and tomorrow is my birthday

Happy Birthday in advance @Andyboy . IMHO no better way than to spend your birthday driving the bus. Enjoy!

PS: that is a very poor trip report ;) We need photographs :thumb

PPS: hope the battery gets sorted out.

Happy Birthday in advance @Andyboy . IMHO no better way than to spend your birthday driving the bus. Enjoy!

PS: that is a very poor trip report ;) We need photographs :thumb

PPS: hope the battery gets sorted out.
Give me a break it was my first day of the trip. So packing up and moving on. The campsite here is basic but for 18 Euro can't conplain, they also have a zone where you can just park over night for free, just have to ask at reception and they will open the barrier.

.... only issue so far is the Batterie, we taught it would charge automatically but seems we have to tell it to charge, we have 20 hours left hopefully when we move on tomorrow we can charge the batteries. ...
Never heard of this. Not normal.

The leisure batteries are charged automatically while driving. When on hookup it is of course necessary to engage the differential switch which is in the rear cabinet above the gas cylinder.
Or everything has been changed since 6.1 ?