Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First VW California Coast

Hi, Hope you like the photo we have waited months for the van and just love it . Amazing
Purchased the duvalay topper Brilliant. Thinking of purchasing the Kampa Cuboid heater heard brilliant reviews.
Sally looks super smart & well worth the wait.
Will take a look at both those thanks.

Looks beautiful!

Can't wait for ours to arrive.

Did you spec any options? Looks like you've got the privacy glass (unless you've done that aftermarket).

Any first impressions, niggles or interesting things you've found since taking delivery?

The options we went for was
Privacy glass
Indium grey
Reversing camera,
The only other option if I had known was the front fog lights, not sure but VW may be able to fit at a later date , someone may know on here
This our first California so everything is new and a learning process,try everything before you go on site.?
But apart from that really happy with Sally
Regards

We kept the options to a minimum, otherwise you get too close to Ocean money.
Just a few choice ones: Starlight blue, Front fogs, Devonport alloys, pop top bellow front window, comfort mattress. Going to get the glass done aftermarket as wanted a slightly darker tint.
I’d imagine fogs can be retro fitted if you speak to your dealer.

thanks for sharing. Enjoy your van!

Looks almost exactly what we have ordered, same colour too! Thanks for posting. We’re only one month into the potential wait of 6-9 months and we’re already getting impatient. Think we may need to set up a support group on here to help us all through the waiting!
Would love to hear more stories and see more photos as you get to know your lovely new van Sally!

Looks almost exactly what we have ordered, same colour too! Thanks for posting. We’re only one month into the potential wait of 6-9 months and we’re already getting impatient. Think we may need to set up a support group on here to help us all through the waiting!
Would love to hear more stories and see more photos as you get to know your lovely new van Sally!
What expected date did your dealer give you?

I ordered end of October and got told expected delivery of March.

I ordered end of October and got told expected delivery of March.
Our dealer is hopeful that it will be March/April but understandably doesn’t want to commit until VW pass back a build date. Will be what it will be I guess!

The options we went for was
Privacy glass
Indium grey
Reversing camera,
The only other option if I had known was the front fog lights, not sure but VW may be able to fit at a later date , someone may know on here
This our first California so everything is new and a learning process,try everything before you go on site.?
But apart from that really happy with Sally
Regards
Thanks for sharing the photo. We are awaiting a Coast too- considerable delay from build week- but seeing yours has got me very excited!

Hi, Hope you like the photo we have waited months for the van and just love it . Amazing
Purchased the duvalay topper Brilliant. Thinking of purchasing the Kampa Cuboid heater heard brilliant reviews.
We went for a Mylek Skirting Board heater which fits perfectly in front of the sink cabinets (under the table when in position)and has a temp display and remote control. You need to slip the end fascia panel off under the seat but the vents are clear of everything with the seat back and it seems to maintain temp to within one degree of that you set. Can drop temp required to 5 degrees to prevent freezing at night. Stores for travel further back in the same line towards the back under the seats.

Plus its also silent as a convector heater so no fan to dry you out/bother you with noise.

We went for a Mylek Skirting Board heater which fits perfectly in front of the sink cabinets (under the table when in position)and has a temp display and remote control. You need to slip the end fascia panel off under the seat but the vents are clear of everything with the seat back and it seems to maintain temp to within one degree of that you set. Can drop temp required to 5 degrees to prevent freezing at night. Stores for travel further back in the same line towards the back under the seats.

Plus its also silent as a convector heater so no fan to dry you out/bother you with noise.
Can you have the bed set up and still have the heater on ? Or would it be to dangerous

Can you have the bed set up and still have the heater on ? Or would it be to dangerous

Yes you can.with the bed down, I position it at the foot of the front seats turned around towards the cabin, so that it is parallel with the pop top opening, so the heat goes straight up if you have that raised. It has three settings, low, medium and high output and you could set it at a very low temp (5 degrees C is the lowest).The lowest setting MIGHT allow it to go under the bed (alongside cabinets) towards the rear, although this might take experimentation. With the rear seat in place it fits perfectly in front of the seats and the heater vent clear. I am so fond of this heater that in lockdown I use it in a study room to keep me warm during the day to save having the full house central heating on. David

Yes you can.with the bed down, I position it at the foot of the front seats turned around towards the cabin, so that it is parallel with the pop top opening, so the heat goes straight up if you have that raised. It has three settings, low, medium and high output and you could set it at a very low temp (5 degrees C is the lowest).The lowest setting MIGHT allow it to go under the bed (alongside cabinets) towards the rear, although this might take experimentation. With the rear seat in place it fits perfectly in front of the seats and the heater vent clear. I am so fond of this heater that in lockdown I use it in a study room to keep me warm during the day to save having the full house central heating on. David
That sounds great thank you

[QUOTE = "California sally, příspěvek: 473983, člen: 25692"]
Nový člen ze Staffordshire
Právě jsem koupil pobřeží Cali v šedé barvě
A jmenuje se Sally
[/CITÁT]
Super colour

[QUOTE = "California sally, příspěvek: 473983, člen: 25692"]
Nový člen ze Staffordshire
Právě jsem koupil pobřeží Cali v šedé barvě
A jmenuje se Sally
[/CITÁT]
Super colour
Sorry?

New member from Staffordshire
Just purchased a Cali coast in grey
And her name is sally
Lovely van. I like Indium grey but have opted for Ascot Grey. Options are privacy glass, reversing camera, comfort sleeping mattress and panoramic bellows window. I too want to have fogs fitted at some point. I prefer the manual roof. Are the wheels 16 inch. They look good imo. My wheels are the same. Will post some pictures shen mine arives should be end Jan. Happy travels.