Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fishing and Campervanning ..... that's the question..

Fish111111111.

Fish111111111.

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We bought our Cali Ocean in December last year and are delighted with it.
I was an avid sea fisherman in my youth and one of the reasons to get the Cali, was to be able to spend time at the coast fishing again.
The wife wasn’t keen on having the old rod, taking up so much space in the van. And she certainly didn’t want adverse fishy smells in the new van. Especially as she can now recline comfortably with a cup of tea and a book, while I’m out braving the elements and bringing home the dinner :)
I decided to start lure fishing (no stinky bait) and needed to find a rod and kit to suit. Which also meant a storage tube, to protect the rod in the Cali.
I initially found one, but the rod & tube was slightly wider than the rear storage area, so was constantly in the way.
Then I stumbled upon and found the perfect system for us.
It’s the Smuggler 6 (image below) from Rigged & Ready ( https://riggedandready.net/) a small British company, located in the Lake District.
The storage tube is 43cm long, so very compact.
I was so impressed with the quality when it arrived, the next day, that I went straight on the website and ordered 2 of K-Fish Combo kits for my Grandsons.
You never know, at this rate, someone might put her book down, get a rod for herself an join me by the sea ;)

I’ve popped some photos below, to show you my rod, and I’ve photographed some places in the Cali that it could be stored.
Incidentally, I have spoken to Andy the owner of Rigged & Ready. He’s a really nice chap and has multiple options for all fishing tastes. I would highly recommend you take a look.

NB: Not sponsored, just a personal recommendation !

Smuggler 6.jpgIMG_2055.JPGIMG_2052.JPGIMG_2056.JPGIMG_2058.JPGIMG_2059.JPG

Back