Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting kitchen to T5 Beach

P

Paulj

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi,
I am in the process of fitting a 2018 Cali kitchen into my 2012 Beach.
Its been a nice winter project and all is working out very well.
However I was wondering if anyone can advise me on how the kitchen fits to the floor. I am thinking of using 5 T bolts in the left side floor groove. Is this the correct way?
Another question is on the electrical control side. Has anyone used a separate controller for the fridge.
Any advice will be most appreciated.

Hi,
I am in the process of fitting a 2018 Cali kitchen into my 2012 Beach.
Its been a nice winter project and all is working out very well.
However I was wondering if anyone can advise me on how the kitchen fits to the floor. I am thinking of using 5 T bolts in the left side floor groove. Is this the correct way?
Another question is on the electrical control side. Has anyone used a separate controller for the fridge.
Any advice will be most appreciated.
Click here to show the California Kitchen and it’s bracket fittings.
As you can see in the diagram there are also brackets to secure the unit to the side body struts/panel . Just fitting to the floor will allow the units to flex sideways when cornering.

Last edited:
Click here to show the California Kitchen and it’s bracket fittings.
As you can see in the diagram there are also brackets to secure the unit to the side body struts/panel . Just fitting to the floor will allow the units to flex sideways when cornering.
Hello
sorry I thought I had replied.
Thanks for the tips. I have indeed previously downloaded all the manuals etc and I ordered the spacer which I thought might locate the kitchen into the slider groove. tThe part which turned up was nothing like the spacer on the drawing hence my question. It does not seem that many folk have experience if moving the kitchen unfortunately.

6369D200-3563-423F-87D4-1885C02B88D2.jpeg

Hello
sorry I thought I had replied.
Thanks for the tips. I have indeed previously downloaded all the manuals etc and I ordered the spacer which I thought might locate the kitchen into the slider groove. tThe part which turned up was nothing like the spacer on the drawing hence my question. It does not seem that many folk have experience if moving the kitchen unfortunately.

View attachment 106836
The only people I know of who do this regularly is

They regularly convert Transporters using California parts. I gather they are helpful and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Hi
I did eventually use spring channel nuts and these worked fine.
I also have used Kernow in Plymouth and found Richard very helpful with help and parts particularly for the bed extention and support brackets.
My conversion is now almost completed and tested over a 4 week trip to South of France.
Thanks for your help and advice
Paul
PS now trying to sell all the redundant Beach bits.

Hi
I did eventually use spring channel nuts and these worked fine.
I also have used Kernow in Plymouth and found Richard very helpful with help and parts particularly for the bed extention and support brackets.
My conversion is now almost completed and tested over a 4 week trip to South of France.
Thanks for your help and advice
Paul
PS now trying to sell all the redundant Beach bits.
Well done. Any pictures?
Are you going to change the " Beach " decals?

Love to see picture before during and after

presumably full O electrics (third battery, inverter etc) and water etc?

I would call it the cross betwixt a beach and a coast. Name it BOAST OR BEAST

Love to see picture before during and after

presumably full O electrics (third battery, inverter etc) and w
I’d be interested to see what insurers make of it and if they load up the premium for the perceived “modification “ away from the V5 / factory build spec !
I kept th

Well done. Any pictures?
Are you going to change the " Beach " decals?
No decals on my Beach. I will remain anonymous with just California badge on the back.

I’d be interested to see what insurers make of it and if they load up the premium for the perceived “modification “ away from the V5 / factory build spec !
Hi
I told my insurers what I had done and they recorded the change but no change to premium

Hi
I told my insurers what I had done and they recorded the change but no change to premium
Great job well done, nice to see the insurers took a sensible approach.

Back