Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fixed solar panel combined with Ecoflow panels?

Loz2286

Loz2286

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Firstly my set up is:-
+ Fixed solar panel kit from @Roger Donoghue :cheers with 100W panel leading to Victron MPPT controller.
+ Ecoflow River Pro charged via additional cord from above....

Now....I also own the Ecoflow fold out panel system that works well with the River Pro. I might be considered greedy and/or barking up the wrong tree but is there a way of connecting the fold up panel into the system to maximise the charging? That would give me a total of around 200W of panels charging either the on-board batteries or the Ecoflow, or both concurrently.

Just thinking aloud...as usual I could be deluding myself.

+ Fixed solar panel kit from @Roger Donoghue :cheers with 100W panel leading to Victron MPPT controller.

Now....I also own the Ecoflow fold out panel system that works well with the River Pro. I might be considered greedy and/or barking up the wrong tree but is there a way of connecting the fold up panel into the system to maximise the charging? That would give me a total of around 200W of panels charging either the on-board batteries or the Ecoflow, or both concurrently.

You would need a separate MPPT controller for the ecoflow panel due to different outputs from the 2 different panels I would think.

It is possible.
More information here:-

A reasonable pwm controller is about 20 quid.

Thanks all. It's clearly not straight forward. Might save my pennies and get another panel from SCS and flog off the Ecoflow panels.

Got plenty of time. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing the sun for some months...

Aye - I replied to your email just now. Easiest way is a £15 PWM controller and connect it to your rear battery. Something like this:

You could of course buy another MPPT controller but as they track battery voltage and adjust accordingly, you might be better off with a "dumb" PWM controller as it'll just shove in what the battery can take, and your MPPT will run along side it.