Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flexible reading light

R

Richard Braun

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I managed to snap the flexible light fitting for the upper compartment where it joins at the base. Light still works. Have tried various repairs including sugru but nothing is strong enough to hold it together. Replacement of the light might be the only answer but any ideas welcome.

You can buy the replacements in the club shop

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
I replaced my bendy light, with an LED. OSRAM Onyx Copilot. It's more compact than the original (as in my T5) and the bendy arm far more flexible and uses the same fixings.

Alec - on line I can only see an Osram Onyx Copilot that plugs in to a cigarette lighter socket, necessitating the procedure HC describes, which is beyond my practical skill level. Does the one you have simply replace VW's own light? I think I might be able to manage that :). If so, do you have a link? Much obliged!

Ian

Alec - on line I can only see an Osram Onyx Copilot that plugs in to a cigarette lighter socket, necessitating the procedure HC describes, which is beyond my practical skill level. Does the one you have simply replace VW's own light? I think I might be able to manage that :). If so, do you have a link? Much obliged!

Ian
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KYK6DPW/?tag=eliteelect-21

On offer at present.

Ian
I think @WelshGas has obliged with a link.
Bear in mind that the LED isn't quite as bright as the original but is perfectly adequate for general lighting but a bit dim for reading, at least with my eyesight!

the vw one is longer than the osram co pilot to attach to the mattress we have both in the shop to compare last week

Thanks all for the responses to my query. Alec your comment about the brightness stops me in my tracks - we need a light that's brighter than existing as we struggle with the current one for reading purposes.

Back