Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flip flops vs croc's & sandals

C

choplee

Guest User
To much of this going on so breaking the normal cycle for a change ...!!!!!
dsg vs manual
140 or 180 engines
Drive a deal or dealership

What's peoples Cali cruising & camping preference for the summer ????

I'm a flip flop guy and always have been .. If you fancy messing about resizing then show us your footwear ....lol

"No wellies on this thread guys that's another story indeed " ...!!!

Re: Flip flops vs croc's & sandals

With DSG it gives you more flexibility on footwear as you don't have the clutch to worry about.

This is why I purchased a DSG as I only wear flip flops, even in the winter.

I think if you use the DTD price to negotiate with SMG then you also have the flexibility to afford better footwear with the money you have saved.

.... and if you buy a 180 you can go lightweight as you don't need to bury the throttle so hard.

So you see Lee, everything is relative. :laugh2

Flipflops.

But with a 78hp manual I can't drive in them :help

I got 15% of my crocs with drive the deal,

Don't you mean Walk The Deal ! :lol:

Stu said:
GrannyJen said:
I got 15% of my crocs with drive the deal,

Manual or DSG?

DSG,

I wanted the Sea Blue but could only get Dirty Seaweed Green :lol:

I'm a flip flopping manual driving a deal lounge pants kind of guy :) lol lol

Flip flop storage is compact and they are lightweight and versatile ...

No one should be answering crocs; children are not old enough to drive!

Ready for anything. You accumulate lots of options after four years of Cali ownership

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407403595.626682.jpg

ChrisandPenney52 said:
Ready for anything. You accumulate lots of options after four years of Cali ownership

Yeap .. Mine consist's of flip flops , wellies and cycling shoes ... Ready for most occasions .. lol

Crocs are great for kids, tragic for adults.

Best flip flops available (I get through a lot) are Hurley Phantoms; sooooo comfy with a bit if grip too. Reefs fall to bits.

I'm keeping things German with a pair of Birkenstock sandals, knee high socks and lederhosen. :D

There was a time when Men didn't discuss footwear. Or wear make-up. Or whiten their teeth. Or use fake tan. Or look at themselves in mirrors outside of the home unless buying stuff.

Oh for a time machine.

You try on clothes before you get home?!?!

Fair point, I am a bit of a sissy.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it is illegal and you get a ticket if you are caught driving in flipflops in Portugal as they are considered unsafe to drive in. Has anybody else heard of this?

I would not drive in flip flops, you are not only putting yourself at risk but your family in the back and other road users.

I do wear flip flops but will change into a shoe better for driving when in the van.

Not worth the risk in my eyes

yup, i won't drive in flip flops either - they tend to get caught etc. If I happen to have them on I usually just take them off and drive barefoot (which feels marginally safer!)

I've just discovered some great Karrimor sandals in Sports Direct - really good for rock scrambling on our recent trip to Scotland and comfier and more secure than flip-flops if you need to walk any distance in them (great for walking down to the beach from the campsite)

For me it has to be bare foot with crocs at the ready when I leave the van. I've never been able to drive bare foot in any vehicle other than Transporters...it must be the hippy heritage!...I'm sorry but anything between my toes just feels unnatural, so it's a big no to flip flops!

Natural grey, DSG 140 Beach with privacy et al and definitely no side awning thingy! :D

Back