Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Foldstar silver screen

J

jowinter27

Hi there,

I ordered a silver screen for our California in January and paid by Paypal (via their website http://www.carswaps.webspace.virginmedi ... 20now.html) and haven't heard back from them. I've emailed twice and left a message twice on the mobile number. I will repeat the process (and if no luck then try and get my money back!) but thought I'd see if anyone knew if they'd gone out of business or if they are just slow to respond, maybe at this time of year?

Cheers,

Jo

Sorry to hear that jo. I would start a PayPal dispute the threat from them of a suspended account sometimes get's things moving lets hope so.

Thanks - yes, I think that might have to be my next step. Will look into it... Cheers, Jo

If you get money refunded you could then buy a taylormade screen cover, basically the same as silverscreens.

Hi there,

The number on the bottom of the Paypal confirmation is 07513 812514.

Jo

I tried to do some research on them last night but the website is hosted on Virgin Media personal web space. There is also a URL but looking on the WHOIS database indicates it is held by 123reg and he's using their anonymous service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Using the mobile number I can find -

Sally cope
7 New North Road
West yorkshire
Heckmondwike
West Yorkshire
WF169DJ
United Kingdom

Phone: 07513|812514
Email: carswaps@+++++++.co.uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Stu - that's a slightly different email address to the one I have so I'll try it (and a letter!).

Cheers,

Jo

I have a different landline number ,but I think its a different company called silver screens ...

Hi all,

I just wanted to update the post for future reference. I've been on holiday, but tried again to make contact this morning using the carswaps@+++++++.co.uk address and a lovey chap called Steve called me straight back.

Apparently they haven't been trading from that website for sometime, and now use only Ebay. He said that he's tried to have the website taken down but it's still searchable via Google.

He is sending new screens out to me today recorded delivery, and apparently a superior screen than previously advertised on the website! :clap

Thanks to everyone for their help, much appreciated. Now, where is the weather for camping with two small children...?

Have a good Easter weekend!

Jo

:thanks

That's great news Jo ... I'm glad that its sorted out your not out of pocket and getting an upgrade :) ...
Good to hear another happy member getting an issue sorted out with forum help :)