Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Four and a half years in prison for this scum

Annik

Annik

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This case really got to me today, this person who is a so called professional driver of 39 years of age left these two young girls never go walk again has got just 4 years in jail, I suspect he will be out in 2. I think what has made this worse is seeing the actual crash footage on dashcam so we actually see the way he was driving when he crash happened.

They have got to charge the sentencing guidelines for these crimes, every week you see a case of careless driving where they get away with a few years in prison or a suspended sentence.

Really makes me sick, I just feel for all the familes involved.

Just in case anyone missed it in the news, here it is http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ho-left-two-young-sisters-paralysed-after-ro/

I hope he is enjoying his first night in jail to think about what he did.

Sorry to darken your weekend!

You would of thought at his age he would know better, sad fact is I see drivers like this every day. 10 years, let alone 4 years will never make up for those two girls never to walk again.Disgusting!

The punishment and attitudes towards death and serious injuries caused by vehicles had changed significantly since the 1980's, but, having seen the impact of this sort of collision at first hand, it is the attitudes of drivers that need to change.
The Maximum sentence for causing injury by dangerous driving is five years. That offence is a relatively new offence that didn't exist until the end of 2012, before that the maximum would have been just 2-years based soley on the standard of driving, not the consequences.
By way of comparison, had he caused the same injuries through assaults, the maximum for GBH would be the same (5-years) unless intent to do the harm was proven, in which case it would be anything up to life.
The driving seen on the dashcam video is beyond diabolical, it was always going to end with a collision; it is so sad that these little girls are the victims.

I drive a truck for a living & see this sort of driving every day. I am surprised there are not more serious accidents.
European truck drivers are some of the worst, overtake me whilst watching dvd on laptop on top of dash !!!! Feet up on dash with cruse control on.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I drive a truck for a living & see this sort of driving every day. I am surprised there are not more serious accidents.
European truck drivers are some of the worst, overtake me whilst watching dvd on laptop on top of dash !!!! Feet up on dash with cruse control on.

The motorway police in the Midlands use a hgv tractor unit to video HGV and coach drivers from a similar height doing such stupid activities, then pull them over with a normal patrol car.
Sadly, there are now so few motorway cops (or traffic cops in general) so lots get away with brain-numbing idiocy.

The motorway police in the Midlands use a hgv tractor unit to video HGV and coach drivers from a similar height doing such stupid activities, then pull them over with a normal patrol car.
Sadly, there are now so few motorway cops (or traffic cops in general) so lots get away with brain-numbing idiocy.
Yes seen one of these on M1 at luton nicking a foreing truck.

Back