Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France in March

Adamvanman

Adamvanman

VIP Member
Travelling down to France next month but we realise most sites are closed, has anyone got any recommendations of sites in France that will be open or maybe another area to try? We plan to go out there for three weeks from 10th March

I just did that and put in dates and still shows sites that are closed :(

I select an area that I'm going to and then search for one that fits my criteria.

most are shut until April or even later.

I got completely snowed in late March a few years ago. They close Motorways until they are cleared and safe to use. Sensible really but only back roads left to use.

I rented a Gite in Tarn at the end of May one year. 7 degrees at the start of the 3 weeks completely caught us off guard

In France you got plenty alternative free aires to stay overnight , the few sites that will be open you can use every other night . Or every few nights . Thats what we do anyway.
This time a year you are not staying for days at one campsite ? Are you ?
Lots of aires got some minor facilyties like a tap to take in water and chemical disposal point . You don't need anything more.

In France you got plenty alternative free aires to stay overnight , the few sites that will be open you can use every other night . Or every few nights . Thats what we do anyway.
This time a year you are not staying for days at one campsite ? Are you ?
Lots of aires got some minor facilyties like a tap to take in water and chemical disposal point . You don't need anything more.
Not everyone has (or wants!) a chemical loo in a small van

There are definitely places open in March just fewer and further between...surprised you can't find any in the ACSI app

Not everyone has (or wants!) a chemical loo in a small van

There are definitely places open in March just fewer and further between...surprised you can't find any in the ACSI app
I've just done a search, and there are a fair few open, especially the further south you go

The camping app Archies shows in which months campings in the whole of Europe are open. On the interactive map you see a green sign if open all year. Even in January we found enough campings in France to have a night rest. The app is for iPhone and Android, for a small fee. We use it for years now, and it has never let us down. (archiescampings.eu)

Marc.

Travelling down to France next month but we realise most sites are closed, has anyone got any recommendations of sites in France that will be open or maybe another area to try? We plan to go out there for three weeks from 10th March
Try campsiteuk.co.uk they also cover France. You can apply filters to your search one of which is 'Open all year'.

Try campsiteuk.co.uk they also cover France. You can apply filters to your search one of which is 'Open all year'.
Need full address>

Searchforsites and Campercontact both have the advanced or filtering option to search for sites open all year. The ACSI CC app worked well for us last month by filtering by stay dates but didn’t show that many open esp in France.

Giggle maps once your over there.
Search nearby...

We are going to France in March as well but only for a week or so, just joined the acsi and already have the Aires books, we have found a few sites open in the Champagne region by using the app and filtering the search.