Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France

Gasgas

Gasgas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi Everybody, we have just got the green light to go to France in August for two weeks. The last two years we have gone to Brittany in a tent, but now that we have the Cali we want to explore further afield, there is just the two of us plus a small dog, we love our food and drink plus the sea or lakes, walking and cycling also .France is so vast which area would you recommend taking in the above comments ?

The Loire and the Central region are both very nice - good weather and close.

The Ardeche is lovely but a lot further and busy in the holiday season.

We've stayed in the SW a couple of times - once on the Atlantic and once on the Med - and both times the weather was not so good - bit showery, cooler and windier so we haven't made the effort to go so far South since.

Custardtart said:
The Loire and the Central region are both very nice - good weather and close.

The Ardeche is lovely but a lot further and busy in the holiday season.

We've stayed in the SW a couple of times - once on the Atlantic and once on the Med - and both times the weather was not so good - bit showery, cooler and windier so we haven't made the effort to go so far South since.

Thanks for your reply I'm going to take a look at the loire this evening ,have you been to archachon /la rochelle area ?

We've done a lot of France; there's a lot to see and do!

Any type of walking you prefer? If it's mountains then it's hard to beat the Pyrenees and Alps but they're a long way down.

The Ardeche and Provence and lovely but quite a trek.

Only passed the La Rochelle area on the way to the SW of France but it looks very nice and people rave about it.

Thanks for your reply I'm going to take a look at the loire this evening ,have you been to archachon /la rochelle area ?[/quote]

I did stay there one year - I can't remember where, but I do remember doing a day-trip to La Rochelle. It was really nice and the weather was great too.

I was in La Rochelle and the Loire last week with the bikes! We stayed near Chateau Brissac in the Loire, found it very peaceful and unspoilt around there, lots for the bikes too. La Rochelle is particularly nice in an evening at the harbour, that's when it comes to life but we preferred the less bustling area of Les Sables d'Olonne and spent a few days on a site called La Loubine nearby. Some great bike rides round there, and they have a handy map for them in the village tourist information. :D

KernowLad said:
We've done a lot of France; there's a lot to see and do!

Any type of walking you prefer? If it's mountains then it's hard to beat the Pyrenees and Alps but they're a long way down.

The Ardeche and Provence and lovely but quite a trek.

Only passed the La Rochelle area on the way to the SW of France but it looks very nice and people rave about it.

Thanks for your reply ,we prefer flat walking ideally and cycling plus good not to busy beaches with dogs allowed

Arcachon area is very nice, long sandy beaches with pine forests much like all the Aquitaine coast.
However it will be very busy during August so consider booking a site if thinking of going there.
The coast along there suffered badly in the storms earlier this year but I guess it will have been sorted out by now.

Back